Please check if drive is playable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glenns View Post
    I just wonder why did it work for awhile then stop and whats different on the 1 machine that does work?
    Yup, excellent question...me too
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I would look at the filters on the machine that is working then comparing the filters on the 2 different machines.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
        Agree with my pal signals again...I know, it's shocking...lol
        I'm not familiar either, but I peeked around a bit and found this...

"devmon is a configuration-less bash daemon script which automounts optical discs and removable drives. It can also selectively autostart apps or execute commands after mounting, ignore specified devices and volume labels, and manually mount and unmount devices.

devmon 1.1.0 and later is distributed with and uses udevil for device monitoring and mounting, removing all dependencies on udisks, policykit, consolekit, gvfs, etc. devmon can also be used with udisks v1, or some combinations of udevil, udisks v2, and pmount (see table)."

Now you're running Windoz, not Linux.
        So this could be some sort of camouflaged malware, but honestly I really have no idea.

Something like this is probably interfering with Fab in some manner.
        Hopefully, you'll get lucky early on, but you may have to roll up your sleeves and get dirty.

For many years I have kept a recently, cloned bkup system hdd...a lesson learned after many wasted and painful hours trying to dig myself out of a hole of my own making.

To quote Will Rogers:
        "If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging"...

I swear, sometimes this stuff is like voodoo
        I do the same and it's paid off several times, mainly to recover from a malware or virus intrusion. Routine cloning or imaging protects from the big-headache scenarios, HDD failures, infections, and user errors.

Another thing that's good about it is, it removes any apprehension about downloading something that probably is ok but one can't be 100% sure about it.

Also, making changes to the OS, Registry, anything that may dig a hole, as you said, can be easily reversed with a cloned HDD on the shelf that's ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
          I would look at the filters on the machine that is working then comparing the filters on the 2 different machines.
          Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP's comments, but it sounds like the systems that were working...no longer work....at this time anyway.

Originally posted by fcoelho View Post
          I have Windows 8 Pro (8.1), however this has been happening from Windows 7, so I don't think that's it. It worked for a while but then stopped. I've also tried on other computers and it doesn't, one of them, was in a fresh installed Windows 8 computer (it worked also for a while).
          Like you said glenns, it sure would have been nice to compare the working systems with the non-working systems in real time.
          Sounds like that may not be possible. We'll have to wait for the OP

@fcoelho
          Also would like to hear about your security packages that glenns asked about
          Last edited by maineman; 11-01-2013, 02:03 PM. Reason: additional question

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Scoop View Post
            I do the same and it's paid off several times, mainly to recover from a malware or virus intrusion. Routine cloning or imaging protects from the big-headache scenarios, HDD failures, infections, and user errors.

Another thing that's good about it is, it removes any apprehension about downloading something that probably is ok but one can't be 100% sure about it.

Also, making changes to the OS, Registry, anything that may dig a hole, as you said, can be easily reversed with a cloned HDD on the shelf that's ready to go.
            Yup, agree 100%
            Man some of those lessons were painful and a long time coming...

Comment

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the OP's comments, but it sounds like the systems that were working...no longer work....at this time anyway.

This is correct but I would use system restore to go back in time to restore the latest computer that was working then not working.Then compare data from the two using img burn data.

Also while looking through the restore points you can see all the programs that were installed after Fab.Could be almost any program but remember he says the drives work for all other programs so could he have installed a new security program.

Exactly what was installed can be deduced by looking at restore points and dates alone.Remember also pass key will see the drive if the disks protection tab was clicked so as to leave the disks protection on and put this disk on the computer requiring no internet connection to the servers.This worked says he to get the disk on the computer.

After this he tried to use the Main Fab program not pass key but ran into the same problem why because Fab couldn't connect to the internet? We should have a log from the failed attempt to deduce more facts.

I suspect his security program may be blocking Fab.

Comment

Ok a lot of us replied too help the topic starter. I for one would like to know the outcome on this problem did the poster dissipate?

Comment

Sorry Guys for late reply

Hello all, thanks for all the replies, actually long weekend and went away.

I tried to dissipate all of your replies with a simple answer. Formatted one of the computers, to it's default windows, etc. So Windows 7 again on that one. Nothing installed except HP default things, which I can unistall, and ESET NOD32. And of course, DVDFAB... guess what doesn't work.

I'm actually uninstalling NOD32 now and will try again in a moment. Will come back in 5 minutes.

Again, thanks for all the replies and sorry for my late reply.

Comment

So uninstalled everything from the computer, except DVDfab and nothing worked.

Installed imgburn to check, and here are the results, what could cause this problem?

===============================================
                    Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.5.8.0
                    ===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
                    Upper Class Filter: [None Found]
                    Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
                    Lower Class Filter: [None Found]
                    Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Now, strange thing, just picked a random DVD and Titanic worked, could transform to AVI, now I'm trying several different like Schindler's list, and again, same problem.

All of this is from the newly formatted computer. If we can fix this one, maybe it' will be easier to fix the other one.

Thank you guys,

Comment

fcoelho: My Img burn list looks exactly like yours and works fine I use Vista.Did you put the newest Fab version on the computer if not please do so and send us another internal log for the failed disk and the fabcheck internal log that's in with the log file list.Also take off pass key if you installed it.

Are you connecting to the internet?
                      If you do it without the security program it will be better so we know it's not that blocking the internet we really need another log file to see if their something in it.

Could you have installed the wrong firmware for your drive sometimes their different for OEM drives? Do you have another drive you can use maybe a plug in drive drive?.
                      Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X