X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to create directory - GI Joe: Rise of Cobra

If this happens with all discs or just one: so far, just this one
    Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration: ??? brand new HP Pavilion dv7 w/ Windows 7
    If you are using external hard drives or optical drives: external hard drive
    If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware: no
    If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added: no

If you have the ":" in the volume name, you will get an error because it is not an allowed character by Windoze.

PS: Or even the file name.....
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 12-31-2009, 12:25 AM. Reason: Added Info
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

i don't think i have that. i just simply tell it to copy to my external drive and select start. after it goes through the initial part and i select the quality (DVD9) and select start again, it almost automatically comes up w/ the error.

Comment

Can you give us the full path with folder name you are trying to rip to?

Comment

sure. i am copying to my external hard drive @ G:\MOVIES. i have copied dozens of movies to this and not had a problem until this movie.

Comment

Hi msganderson,

Please change "Volume Label" to remove ':' to see the result.

Best Regards,
            Fengtao
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

By "full path" I meant that you include the folder name (a.k.a. volume label) you were selecting for the DVD. I think that is what GregiBoy was trying to say too. Looks like fengtao has a better command of the English language then we do.

Comment

You can’t use any of the following characters in a file name: < > : " / \ | ? *
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

great. seems to be working now. thanks for all of your help. cheers and happy new year.

Comment

I have just got a Failed to create directory with Hurt Locker :- it is trying to create a folder name THE_HURT_LOCKER\
                    Obviously Windows will not allow a back slash.
                    I am using Disk to Disk so the Folder name is created by DVDFab presumably from the Disk.
                    How can I solve this please?
                    In a previous reply you said - Please change "Volume Label" to remove ':'
                    But I did ot undestand your answer!
                    Can you elaborate please?
                    Many Thanks - Mike

Comment

Hi mike, I assume you are using "Clone" you can try "Full Disk" you'll still get the entire contents of the disc and you'll see the box where you can enter a volume label without the back slash.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X