This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Path Player behaving badly-----again

I've been using PP so that I could change the playback order to bypass menus, previews and other things I don't want to watch. Recently I've noticed that I could no longer play backed up DVDs in VLC player, normally a very robust player. Also, I was unable to use "full screen" in WMP. I have reversed both of these problems by disabling PP. I hope some of the devs will read this and follow up. Thanks.

Post the version you are using also, make sure it's the newest release 6218.

Comment

The playback problems you describe probably are the result of altering the playback order rather than simply having PP enabled and "active".
      I've noticed this behavior on occasion with certain flicks over quite a period of time.
      At times, it seems to occur with increased frequency.
      Bummer!

I know this doesn't address a fix for you.
      I'm not sure what's down the road as we're faced with more and more funky disc structure/copy protection issues.
      I'd love to see the advanced features of PP a bit more consistent, but I'm not sure that's feasible.

I'll try to bounce it off Fengtao and hopefully get back to you with some useful info..

Could you post a few titles of the problem discs?
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by W&B View Post
        Post the version you are using also, make sure it's the newest release 6218.
        I just downloaded 6218. The version I was using was the last previous to that, 6205 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
          The playback problems you describe probably are the result of altering the playback order rather than simply having PP enabled and "active".
          I've noticed this behavior on occasion with certain flicks over quite a period of time.
          At times, it seems to occur with increased frequency.
          Bummer!

I know this doesn't address a fix for you.
          I'm not sure what's down the road as we're faced with more and more funky disc structure/copy protection issues.
          I'd love to see the advanced features of PP a bit more consistent, but I'm not sure that's feasible.

I'll try to bounce it off Fengtao and hopefully get back to you with some useful info..

Could you post a few titles of the problem discs?
          I'll dig out some recent backups and post titles although it seems to have happened to everything I've backed up recently. I tried first to disable the playback sequencing buttons without disabling PP but every time I opened the program they were enabled so I disabled PP as a way to permanently disable the buttons. It's unfortunate, as you say that we must continue playing this childish game of "one upsmanship".

Comment

Try configuring your settings and then tick on
            Memorize user interface options

At least then you should be able to maintain PP in the default mode, ie., always enabled.
            It's not perfect, but PP fixes more problems than it creates.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
              Try configuring your settings and then tick on
              Memorize user interface options

At least then you should be able to maintain PP in the default mode, ie., always enabled.
              It's not perfect, but PP fixes more problems than it creates.
              The option you mention was enabled but didn't work in this instance however I just tried on the newest rev and it seems OK now so I will try using PP and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
              X