Problem copying Star Trek: Into Darkness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem copying Star Trek: Into Darkness

I've run into a problem copying Star Trek: Into Darkness using the latest version of DVDFab, v9.1.0.6 (Win). On the first attempt the copy process seemed to go fine but when I attempted to play the copy (from the files and before burning) I discovered that all the menus were missing thus rendering the copy unplayable. So I went back, deleted all the copied files, went carefully through the copy process again but ended up with the same thing - a copy that would not play because all the menus were missing. I then checked the files on the original disc against the copied files and sure enough, there was one VOB file missing, the one file that contained all the menus!

At that point, I decided to reinstall the previous version of DVDFab, v9.0.7.2, and once that was done, I copied the original disc for a third time and this time the copy was complete in all aspects, including menus. That solved my problem but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this sort of problem with either this particular movie or with any other movie when using the latest version of DVDFab.

Additional info: Before I ran into this problem I'd already used v9.1.0.6 to copy several other discs, all containing menued structure, and had no problem whatsoever with the program copying all the menus. So it may simply be a 'quirk' of this particular movie disc that's causing the problem, something that this new version interprets differently from previous versions. It'll be interesting to hear if anyone else has had this problem with this particular movie.

I plan on staying with v9.0.7.2 until the cause of this problem is figured out or a newer version is issued. Even then, from now on I'm going to make it a point to check closely each and every copy I make to be sure everything did indeed copy without any files being skipped.

sleeper1428
    Last edited by sleeper1428; 11-21-2013, 04:19 AM. Reason: Inserting additional info

Always keep older Versions! Just for that reason! I did Star Trek into darkness with the official release! V7

I have versions all the way back to v4, never know when a old faithfull one will work! I just keep official releases, no beta! They take up very,very little room!

Comment

Star Trk: Into Darkness won't record

Sleeper1428, I have the same problem as you had. My only additional problem is I can't find V9.0.7.2 on my computer. I have win 7 and when I go into "all programs" it shows v9, but it doesn't show previous versions in the folder like v9.0.7.2. Is there a way to download that particular version?

Comment

Originally posted by sb89052 View Post
        Sleeper1428, I have the same problem as you had. My only additional problem is I can't find V9.0.7.2 on my computer. I have win 7 and when I go into "all programs" it shows v9, but it doesn't show previous versions in the folder like v9.0.7.2. Is there a way to download that particular version?
        you can get old versions here - http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

Comment

Thanks you folks...the download of v9.0.7.2 and the burn of Star Trek Into Darkness went flawlessly. Great forum.

Comment

I had the same issue. However I also tried this solution but it didn't work.

I am trying again tho (I uninstalled all versions and reinstalled 9072). Hopefully it works.

Comment

Working...
            X