Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning problem with new burner installed

Hi all,
    It has been a long time since I have had any problems, but yesterday I had a new DVD burner installed, an LG GH24NSBOB and all of a sudden both of my current FAB programs have slowed drastically. I have FAB 8229 and FAB 9063 and both will not go beyond 1.8x using the VSO engine that I used to get 6 to 8x on burns. Nothing was changed after the swap of the burners. Ideas anyone?

Try the Fab burning engine their are settings for blu ray and settings for dvd.Also you can use the free img burn engine.

Comment

Olddog if you installed a new optical drive did you set the region on it? Might not speed things up for you but will save other issues sooner or later. New ones are set to Ø and that is not good on some encryption.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Good points so far. To 90312, howdy neighbor, am in Moscow Mills, already set to region 1. To glenns, will try the FAB engine but I am still confused why a replaced burner would cause this mess>

Comment

The next thing I would do is run a laser cleaning disc through it just to be sure no debris got on the laser during transit.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Just a side note on this, I just burned a Verbatim dual layer DVD of almost
            7 gig in just under 17 minutes using TMPGE authoring works 4. It has got to be a gremlin between DVDFab and this new burner. I cannot tell you how much I love this program. Probibly been using it since version 3.

Comment

In that case try what glenns suggested, download ImgBurn, install to the default location and give it a try. Fab hands off the burning to it after the rip and might work for you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Further update, I just did a burn on FAB 9063 using the FAB engine and I got a max speed of 7.7x on a little over 4 gig. So it has to be something about the VSO engine. I have noticed after digging into the files that the VSO engine for FAB 8 is a higher version number than FAB 9. I tried the VSO trouble reporting page but after 5 minutes of the report utility running, I got nervous and shut it down. Have you tried that utility?

Comment

Working...
                X