Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can DVDFAB COPY make a .mds file on DVD9s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can DVDFAB COPY make a .mds file on DVD9s?

I have to use two apps, first dvdfab then imgbrn to create a .mds file. Why is the mds file important on dual layer dvds? Layer break! with a mds file the information of the disk is in the mds file thus making burning easier and simple. My question is can DVDFAB COPY create a mds file on dual layer dvds?
    Cheers!

Yeah uncheck the box in DVDFab to remove the layer break and select ImgBurn as the burning engine. I guess you know that you'll have to save it to the HDD to select the MDS for burning.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      Yeah uncheck the box in DVDFab to remove the layer break and select ImgBurn as the burning engine. I guess you know that you'll have to save it to the HDD to select the MDS for burning.
      I did all that but I'm not getting a .mds with latest DVDFab. What am I missing?

Comment

I see that, it doesn't use ImgBurn to burn the clone iso to the HDD anymore. It does make an ini file that contains the layer information and you can drag and drop that onto fab to burn like the MDS. Attached.
        Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Guys I just discovered that if you make the clone iso from a folder on the HDD you get an .mds if from a disc you get an .ini some weird stuff

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X