This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GUI disappears when program starts

I'm running the most recent version of DVDFab 6. When I start the program, the initial screen showing all of the program licenses (DVD to DVD, DVD to Mobile, etc) shows up. When I click on 'Start DVDFab" the screen goes away but nothing happens. If I open task manager, I can see DVDFab running, but there is no GUI. I have uninstalled the program and downloaded and reinstalled the newest version, all to no avail. Anyone having this issue or know how to fix it?

Thanks for your help.

When in doubt Punt.... I always reboot my pc if I get an app that shows up in the process but does not show on the screen. This usually does the trick.

Comment

Tried that too....and cleaned the registry before reinstalling....

Comment

1. Do you have external DVD writer? Reason I ask is that on my previous pc, if I had the external dvd writer connected Fab would take about 15 seconds to display after pressing start from the initial screen.

2. Also, please check your task manager area. Because if Fab is minimized it goes into the task manager area and not on the program task bar strip area.

Comment

Nope, it's an internal writer...Checked the task manager and there is no GUI running....

Comment

Is this your very first install of DVDFab? Is this trial or is it licensed?

If it is licensed and you entered your license key, was it a new key you recently received or was it for an older version?

If you had a key from version 5, you will need new key via email because version 5 keys don't work in version 6.

Also you can check the logs to see if anything has been created that will give you clues.
            The logs are in the User\mydocuments\DvdFab folder.

Comment

It was initially my first install and it's the trial version. The trial expired about a week ago. I'm going to purchase a license, but I want to make sure the program is going to function properly. I don't think the license is the issue because HD Decrypter won't show up and you do not need a license to run it. I've tried reinstalling and I have the same problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan97TJ View Post
                It was initially my first install and it's the trial version. The trial expired about a week ago. .
                There is the problem. The trial expired and cannot find a license. This is same thing that happens if you use the wrong license key (from version 5).

All should be ok when you purchase license.

Comment

Working...
                X