X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange : No audio (voice) on burned DVD

Hello all !

I have a strange problem, I am burning files outputted from DVDFab (6.2.1.8 trial) using Nero 9 to blank DVD's; and the resulted movie when played as no voices ! Happenned to me with 2 different movies so far. The background noise is there, but no voice. The voice is present when I play the .IFO files from my HD.

I tried with 2 different DVD brand and same result.

I find it strange that my DVD-R unit would be the cause, but that might be it.... anyone as ever encountered this and has a solution or has test ideas before I change my burner ??

Thanks !

Did you check the obvious? Does the original DVD play fine? I assume you are having trouble when playing on a DVD player.

Comment

Myself, although I have Nero 9, I have not tried to burn with it with fab. I have burned with the VSO burning engine and ImgBurn (Both of which are free).

The vast majority of users of Fab prefer ImgBurn.

Verbatim blanks are the preferred. And I have learned the hard way. Made plenty of bad backups with other brands.

I am using ImgBurn now but I also have used VSO and never had problems with either.

Comment

There were a few ideas posted in your previous thread, on the very same issue as in this new thread, which you never followed up:

can't backup "The Proposal"

Comment

thanks guys for the answers... actually, my problem is different and seems to be with PowerDVD9... The resulted DVD plays fine in my PS3 with a test I just did. The playback of the same DVD on my computer with PowerDVD 9 has no voice, but with Windows Media Player it does ?!? any clues ?

happy new year !

Comment

PowerDVD is probably sending the wrong 5.1 channels to your stereo speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
              PowerDVD is probably sending the wrong 5.1 channels to your stereo speakers.
              I guess... just updated with 31.12.2009 patch and still problem... i'll submit it to them.

Comment

Originally posted by benito View Post
                I guess... just updated with 31.12.2009 patch and still problem... i'll submit it to them.
                rebooted after latest patch 31.12.2009 of PowerDVD and now it's ok... maybe other people have issues with this, so apply the patch !

Comment

Glad to hear you got it all working.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                  X