_ DVD Rom Drive missing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

_ DVD Rom Drive missing.

After ripping a DVD and the PC goto sleep (screen turn off) the DVDFab program would:
    1) Popup of "completion message" is missing
    2) not release the drive - DVDROM drive is missing - the only way to get the drive back is to restart the PC - this has started to happened in the last three (or so) releases of 9.1.x.x

Originally posted by bert269 View Post
    After ripping a DVD and the PC goto sleep (screen turn off) the DVDFab program would:
    1) Popup of "completion message" is missing
    2) not release the drive - DVDROM drive is missing - the only way to get the drive back is to restart the PC - this has started to happened in the last three (or so) releases of 9.1.x.x
    Hi bert269,
    I can't reproduce your issue here. You need to exactly describe your problem in detail.
    If it's convenient, please take some screenshots and post as attachment.
    Here is a link about how to make a screen shot http://take-a-screenshot.org/ for your reference.
    Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
    -Ning
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Difficult to post a screen-shot of somthing that's missing...

But I will try.

OK, I am doing a DVD copy and the disc ejects from the drive (does not matter if I do it manually) after a DVD Copy my drive is missing form the computer. Well, it's not really missing, still shows, but when I try to access it - I get errrors.
      Now after the disc ejects, when I click Finish (from the copy) and put the disc back in, it should read it again, right? Well nothing happens. The drive spins a few times around and act as if there are no disc present.
      If I try to access the disc with any other program, it appears that there are no disc in the drive (Windows Explorer, Total commander - nothing sees the disc after the DVD COpy is done with it)
      I have to reboot my PC if I need to rip another disc.

Now as I said - this does not happen with Ripper - only with DVD COpy.
      It seems like it's reserving the drive/disc and not freeing it up.
      Even runnig something like "Process explorer" does not show any orphan tasks from DVDFab, but the drive is not readable. I have to reboot to get the drive "released"
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X