cant change copy mode back to full disk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cant change copy mode back to full disk

I changed the copy mode to customize, now can't change back to copy full disk

Unable to change Copy Mode

I have had this problem for four months with no solution. Microsoft advise that DVD FAB 9 is NOT compatible with Windows 8. All DVD FAB Version 8 work flawlessly with Windows 8.

Comment

Santa brought me a new touchscreen laptop with 8.1 on it and I just tried 9.1.2.2 and it worked fine switching from customize back to main movie. So it's not Windows 8 or just Windows 8.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you input by input pen or the mouse theme of third party product?
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I have tried keyboard and also microsoft mouse
          it selects the full disc or main movie but does not change, can only change between customize, split and blue ray

is there a setting in a config file somewhere like an xml?

using win 7 64 bit
          Last edited by mostlymissiles; 01-09-2014, 12:22 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

Unable to change copy mode.

Originally posted by mostlymissiles View Post
            I have tried keyboard and also microsoft mouse
            it selects the full disc or main movie but does not change, can only change between customize, split and blue ray

is there a setting in a config file somewhere like an xml?

using win 7 64 bit
            As advised earlier that Microsoft mentioned that DVD Fab 9 was not compatible with Windows 8. Their solution was to make the program compatible with Windows 7 and now I find that I can change and access the various Copy Modes with the greatest of ease and trust that it will continue to operate in the manner that I experienced with version 8 of DVD Fab which was absolutely fab and trouble free. I would suggest anyone who has problems running FAB version 9 with Windows 8 consider changing the compatibility setting to Windows 7.

Comment

I download and run as administrator from the desktop, not the metro that it boots into, and it works fine regardless of what Microsoft says - Windows 8.1
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

I uninstalled it keeping my personal data and reinstalled, same issue.
                I run it as admin, same issue.
                I changed compatibility to xp, same issue.

I really liked the old user interface as it was easy to change.

Comment

jacobean:Theirs a free upgrade to windows 8.1 why not try it.I believe someone posted new drivers for windows 8 with links a short while back so you may also want to do a search and look in the knowledge base for those new drivers seemed to help with some Fab problems.

Comment

I removed everything in dvdfab including personalization and reinstalled and I can pick everything except for full disc.

Comment

Copy Mode: Attn. Glens

Glens, Many thanks for your suggestion. I have been running with Windows 8.1 for the past 4 weeks and I have checked all my drivers over the period of time that I was having troubles opening the " Copy Mode". I thought initially that the problem might be with my AMD Graphic card ,but no. Regardless I am now up and running following the advice that I got from a Microsoft Rep.. It was as simple as changing the compatibility to Windows 7. Just hope that it continues to function as well as my V.8 DVD FAB. Again, thanks.

Comment

I also run in win8.1 and win 7 Ult 64 bit, switch to full disc is ok.
                        Are there somethings important forget?
                        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                        X