Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely slow burn rate

Greetings.

The read process goes just fine (under 30 minutes), but after 3 attempts with similar results, the burn process starts out okay (2x and I think higher than 4 MB/s, sorry I forgot to write this down) , but after 20 minutes and 40% or so, it goes down to 0.0x and anywhere from 0.00 to 0.08 MB/s. The disk keeps going thru short cycles of spinning and stopping once every 5 seconds or so. All 3 times, I ended up manually aborting as I was concerned about my DVD drive getting fried. The longest I waited was a little over 2 hours of burning, at which point it was showing only 52% done with close to 8 more hours to go.

After reading some posts about minimizing the DVDFab window, I also tried that, but it made no positive difference (in fact, it seemed slightly worse if anything).

There are no error messages and the partially burned DVDs do actually play.

I should point out that this is a new laptop and that I am not an avid user of DVDFab. So I wouldn't be surprised if this has more to do with operator error than anything else!

Log files are attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

More details:
    DVDFab versions tried: 9115 and 9122
    Windows 7 Professional, 64bit
    2.2 GHz i7 CPU, with 12 GB memory
    I do have ImgBurn installed, but not yet used
    Attached Files

Hi Zack
    Welcome to DVD Fab forum.
    I'm assuming this is a laptop your using, with a MATSHITA drive.
    These drives have had their problems.

I would also monitor your temps if using a laptop, as this copying and burning process can cause your laptop temperature to rise very quickly.

Your using quality Verbatim discs, I would suggest trying ImgBurn as your burn engine either separately from Fab or configured with Fab, you will find instructions in the link in my signature on setting it up with Fab.

Post back if your still having problems.
    CBR929

Just re-read your post and you mentioned that this is a laptop.
    Last edited by CBR929; 01-11-2014, 01:19 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This internal log is very strange looking it seems like it's looping trying over and over again and this- (8m 16.63s: Burn data size is: 24
      8m 16.63s: Burn disc space is: 4488)
      Is not normal but only reported once in several try's.

Fab staff will have to look at this log.

I did notice your burning speed is to fast your choices are 8x and 2x with this disk so try with 2x burning speed.
      Last edited by glenns; 01-11-2014, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
        I did notice your burning speed is to fast your choices are 8x and 2x with this disk so try with 2x burning speed.
        Hi glenns
        The OP is using Verbatim DVD-R discs, it seems that the vso burn engine is not posting all the burning options.
        These discs can be burnt up to 16X.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks a million for your quick responses guys.

CBR929, I followed your instructions to use ImgBurn along with DVDFab and it worked very nicely. (Well, for some reason my ImgBurn crashes on exit, therefore DVDFab thinks that the operation failed. But the crash only happens after the DVD burn is complete and the DVD is ejected. So I still have to figure out why my ImgBurn crashes on exit, but in the meantime, I can use DVD copy just fine.)

Thanks again!

Comment

Hi Zack
            Not sure why your ImgBurn is crashing but, glad your burning again.
            CBR929

Comment

Img burn has a log file stored like Fab and will tell you what happened if you post it we may be able to help more.

Comment

Working...
              X