New GUI slows my computer down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone help me? I have an older computer I use to back up my movies. The computer has a 2.8 Gig processor and 1.5 Gig ram, since the new GUI was introduced I have to minimize the GUI otherwise the processing speed slows way down. With the GUI up the processor is maxed out, when it is minimized it runs about 25 percent. Can anything be done about this? I never had this problem with the older GUI.

I have tried, the speed and CPU are not changed no matter minimize or max size fab.
    I do not know the types of yours. i just try copy full disc to HDD.
    I will try other day.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I guess I don’t understand why the program has to take up so much of my resources. The GUI that was used before works just fine.

Comment

Are you using Windows XP?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yes, I am

Comment

I have seen this problem on many development sites and it appears that support for XP is disappearing in most development environments such as used to develop Fab.

It is not unexpected that this is the case when the operating system is 10+ years old and Microsoft are dropping support for it.

Fab MAY be able to resolve this problem but long-term, you should be looking at upgrading.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Now I downloaded the new Beta version and the program just locks up. I had to revert to 9.1.2.2

Comment

Originally posted by Brokawboy View Post
                Now I downloaded the new Beta version and the program just locks up. I had to revert to 9.1.2.2
                You could not run 9123? Is it hang in main interface?

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

The program hangs up when the window pops up saying that it is opening up the DVD. It scans it for a few seconds then it stops. The processor is maxed out, and then I have to use the Task manager to shut it down.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                    Fab MAY be able to resolve this problem but long-term, you should be looking at upgrading.
                    It costs a lot of money to keep up with Micro$oft and their upgrades. Some people can't afford to keep doing that so they try to make what they have work. I've been using Windows since the very first version and they have always done things as if their business model was based on the "Release it now, Patch it later" plan.

Comment

I have had this exact problem. The simpleast answer is to change to version 8230. The other way is to go into common settings (little triangle top right corner). Go to general/drives/read. Now change I/O Mode to SPTI and uncheck the enable read ahead cache.
                      My friends and I have found that running ver 9122 minimized once the copy starts helps too. On one of my computers, the simple act of minimizing alone makes this version work. The moderators and designers don't see these problems as they are using advanced video cards rather than simple XP with motherboard video.
                      Last edited by snafu; 01-23-2014, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                        The moderators and designers don't see these problems as they are using advanced video cards rather than simple XP with motherboard video.
                        Hi snafu
                        I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium dual core CPU with a low end video card GS 8400, nothing special here.
                        Though my new build this year will be a high end build.
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by Brokawboy View Post
                          The program hangs up when the window pops up saying that it is opening up the DVD. It scans it for a few seconds then it stops. The processor is maxed out, and then I have to use the Task manager to shut it down.
                          Can you running 9125? 9122 has no problem during reading dvd disc?

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                            I have had this exact problem. The simpleast answer is to change to version 8230. The other way is to go into common settings (little triangle top right corner). Go to general/drives/read. Now change I/O Mode to SPTI and uncheck the enable read ahead cache.
                            My friends and I have found that running ver 9122 minimized once the copy starts helps too. On one of my computers, the simple act of minimizing alone makes this version work. The moderators and designers don't see these problems as they are using advanced video cards rather than simple XP with motherboard video.
                            Hi snafu
                            It slowly during copy or burn? Can i repoduce like this step copy origic disc to a Blank dvd. Total time compare?
                            V9 VS V9063 VS v8?

DVDFab Player 5:

Comment

The problem that myself and some friends have with ver 9 is that we have XP and no video card, video is on the motherboard. All of us have problems with copy. I copy to a folder on a hard drive. Version 8230 works great, I'm glad I bought it.
                              Nero burns fine.
                              Last edited by snafu; 01-24-2014, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X