DVDs burning very slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDs burning very slow

I'm gonna try to explain this the best I can. I'm stumped as to why I'm having this issue. I just got a new HP laptop and have succesfully burned about 10 movies on it but all of a sudden it's not working anymore. Compared to my old dell laptop I noticed some differences right off the bat as far as how long it would take me to do a movie. My old dell could copy a DVD in about 20-30 minutes which is about what it was taking on my HP. But writing to the blank DVD is a whole different story. My old dell was writing a complete movie in about 11-12 minutes but the HP is taking 30-40 minutes to write the DVD. I was ok with this as long as it's working but all of sudden now I'm having issues. The write process starts off fine and usually gets up to a max writing speed of 2.0 then maybe halfway through writing the writing speed slowly goes down to 0.1 WTH!! And will stay there and it says the time remaining to finish the write process is 5 hours. Once the speed gets to 0.1 it sits there. So I cannot make a DVD Copy at all.

Any ideas what could be going on. It's a brand new laptop. Has to be something I need to adjust on settings perhaps

Please let me know.

Thanks

Tom

Samething happened to me, I bought a new toshiba laptop. After some research I found out the burner in the laptop would burn maximum 8x. Not sure if this is the problem you are having, hope this helps.

Comment

Hi bagman67
      Please post your internal and burn logs. Thanks
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
      X