Bad GrandPa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad GrandPa

I originally posted this in the General Questions forum but saw a post to another member about using the correct forum, so I am reposting here. I can not figure out how to delete the other post. Sorry but I will learn!

I was able to successfully copy two DVDs once I installed and registered DVDFab on my desktop. Today I tried to copy "Bad Grandpa" and it failed. I actually tried it 3 times. The most recent began at 21:10 on 2/11. The program copies the original DVD, I put in the blank DVD, it writes to the blank DVD for awhile, then ejects the DVD and shows "Failed to copy DVD".

I am attaching the logs. MY PC is running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks!
    Dan
    Attached Files

Hi DanSally
    I hate to say it but, the discs your using are garbage...

You should only use quality media like Verbatim if you want good burns, I see in your log you did have a Verbatim 1 time in your drive.

If you would like to salvage your current discs I suggest installing ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find instructions in the link in my signature on setting it up with Fab, also lower your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of your discs, which in this case would be 4X.

If this is also your desk top try cleaning the drive with a can of compressed air or a lens cleaner.

When setting up ImgBurn put a check in OPC box and also in Fab settings, see pics

Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Attached Files
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I don't mind you saying the discs are garbage at all. Actually I had a couple stacks of them so I tried a couple different ones. I will get some Verbatim discs. Does it matter if they are -R or +R? I will try your advice. Thanks!

Comment

Hi DanSally
        The DVD+R are more compatible with DVD players.
        If you get them make sure that they have the AZO dye printed on the package label, see pic I also included the pic for the DVD-R disc

As I said you may be able to salvage the discs you have by following the process in my previous post.
        CBR929
        Attached Files
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks alot for the help!

Comment

Working...
          X