This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer create ISO's

I have DVDFab 6.2.1.8 loaded and purchased the DVD-to-DVD option running on Windows 7 x64. Up to about a month ago I could rip directly to my hard drive and save movies as ISO's that I then load over my network to my media center PC. Now every time I rip a movie IMGBurn pops up instead of just saving the movie as an ISO. I am clicking the 'Target' icon with the disc on it and that pops up the window asking me where to save the ISO, but this never happens. IMGBurn keeps launching after the first process is complete. I do not wish to burn these movies to DVDs, I prefer them as ISO's. I have been doing this for the last year and a half, and suddenly I can't go straight to ISO.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

if you are using ImgBurn as the burn engine then it will always pop open if you are saving as iso as DVDFab will use ImgBurn to make the iso and save it to your hard drive.

Comment

Originally posted by snowbrdrskier View Post
      I am clicking the 'Target' icon with the disc on it and that pops up the window asking me where to save the ISO, but this never happens.
      During the extraction process it needs to know what is your target, i.e. Folder, ISO, Burner, etc. I always extract to folder. I think the only option in Common Settings is "Output Type" which is "Writer" or "Folder", but you still need to select the ISO button for creating a ISO

Originally posted by snowbrdrskier View Post
      IMGBurn keeps launching after the first process is complete. I do not wish to burn these movies to DVDs, I prefer them as ISO's. I have been doing this for the last year and a half, and suddenly I can't go straight to ISO.
      Couple of other factors to be concerned about, first was the one AGJ mentioned as IB needs to launch to create the Iso. If the ORIGINAL is over 4.7Gb in files (.VOBs) IB asks for where you want the layer break. If your Quality setting is set to DVD5 then DVDFab compresses the VOBs as required, but still uses IB's "Build" mode to create the ISO.

If you you don't burn the iso's then in your case set the burn engine back to VSO !! If you ever do burn the images in the future, use IB, !!

PS: Welcome to the Forum !! Also where you snow boarding, I lived in Denver for a winter just so I could hit the slopes back in the mid 70's, before boarding was popular !!
      Last edited by AlienX69; 01-06-2010, 12:57 PM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Ahh, so it's launching IMGBurn to create the ISO. So if I switch it back to the VSO engine there should be no pop up and DVDFab will create the ISO without interruption like it used to? I will definitely give this a shot when I get home tonight after work.

Thanks AGJ & AlienX69 for the replies.

AlienX69, I live in the Philadelphia area so I do a lot of my snowboarding and skiing in northeast PA with occasional trips out west to Utah and Colorado. I actually just booked my trip for late Feb to Summit County CO.

Comment

Eureka! Switching over to the VSO burning engine solved the issue.

Many thanks for the help AGJ & AlienX69!

Comment

Glad to hear you got the help you needed and you're up and running smoothly.
            Thanks for posting back.
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X