Can't burn DVD Error=100 using Win 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't burn DVD Error=100 using Win 8.1

I have inserted 10 new DVDs while in the process of using Copy to DVD and all ten come back with Task_1 failed! Error=100.

I am now using Windows 8.1 (was using XP SP3) this is the first time I have tried burning a DVD on Windows 8.1.

I've even tried restarting the computer but nothing helps. I know that this must be due to user error so I really need help.

Just in case it helps I've attached the logs with today's date.

Thank you,
    Cheryl
    Attached Files

General advice:

Try looking for windows updates for your 8.1 program in windows 7 you click on windows symbol in lower left corner then all programs then windows update in your verion 8.1 this may work different.

You can switch burning engines from vso to Fab burning engine or img burn (if you have this program) in Fabs settings see screen shot.

You can check your dvd burners web sight for firmware updates for your drive should their be one follow all directions to the letter as you can render your drive useless if you don't.

If you never tried this brand of dvd's in your drive before try another brand as the drive may not like the disks.Also make sure your drive is clean and can read disks use a cleaning disk or use compressed air to blow it out.

Also check to see if windows see's your drive and if Fab see it in settings see screen shot.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by glenns; 04-29-2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

If windows doesn't see the drive you can uninstall the drive using device manger then reinstall the drive.Windows should then look for upgraded drivers.You may have to reboot.

Comment

Hi,

Please do a clean uninstall and then re-install DVDFab.
        And could dvdfab show the compression ratio and video size after opening the disc?

Wilson
        Attached Files
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
          Hi,

Please do a clean uninstall and then re-install DVDFab.
          And could dvdfab show the compression ratio and video size after opening the disc?

Wilson
          I found this "Guide: Clean uninstall of DVDFab on Vista and Win 7" at Club Myce dated 10-25-2009 by StormJumper.

Is this how I should do a clean uninstall of DVDFab if I am using Windows 8.1 or are there different instructions (that I have been unable to find)?

The has been updated reflect changes made after v6.

Uninstall DVDFab like you normally do.
          Click the Start button on the taskbar and open Computer and go to C:\Program Files or where ever you installed DVDFab and delete the DVDFab folder....now close Program Files.
          Click the Start button on the taskbar and open ‘Documents’ located on the right side of the start menu and delete the DVDFab folder and the "PCSETUP" folder (If displayed) now close the Document folder.
          On the on the menu bar click on "Organize" and scroll down and select "Folder and Search Options"and click on the "View" tab now scroll down and put a tick in the small
          circle next to "Show hidden files and folders" and click "Apply" then "OK".
          Now open the once hidden folder called "AppData" then open the "Roaming" folder
          and delete the DVDFab folder .Now exit the Roaming folder then the AppData folder.
          On the on the menu bar click on "Organize" and scroll down and select "Folder and
          Search Options"and click on the "View" tab now scroll down and put a tick in the small circle next to
          "Hide files and folders" and click "Apply" then "OK".
          Exit your folder and open the C: drive and click on Windows folder and click on "Prefetch"...
          (Note)...You will get a message stating "You do not currently have permission to access this
          folder" click the continue button and you will get another pop up message from "User Account
          Control" click the continue button now scroll down and delete the entry foe DVDFab will look
          something like "DVDFAB(version).EXE-########.pf ( # ) are letters and numbers 8 in all, also
          delete the PCSETUP.exe file.

Only do the steps below if you know what you are doing and feel comfortable working in the Windows registry, if you feel uneasy messing around with the registry editor then please try using a good registry cleaner first after you do a normal removal of DVDFab, if you don't have a registry cleaner and don't know which one to use then I suggest using either CCleaner or Revo they are free and does a very good job.

Please note that you should run the registry cleaner several times to ensure it has removed all traces of DVDFab from the registry before you re-install DVDFab again.

Open the registry editor.
          Now expand the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT hive and delete the multiple entries of the (Dot)DVDFab folders..(note)..there are other entries of DVDFab folders in this hive which you will need to go down the list very far to find those folders now close the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT hive.
          Now expand the HKEY_CURRENT USER hive and open the Software folder and delete the DVDFab folder, now close the software folder then the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive.
          Now expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive and open the Software folder and delete the DVDFab folder, now close the software folder and then the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive.
          Now expand the HKEY_USERS hive and open the first folder with the longest string of numbers(around 36 in length), and open the software folder and delete the DVDFab folder now while in you are in the software folder open the classes folder and delete any DVDFab entries you may find, now close all open folders and then open the next folder with the longest string of 36 numbers in length(which will have classes at the end of the string of numbers), and open the software folder and delete the DVDFab folder now close the HKEY_USERS hive.

Empty the recycle bin and reboot and re-install DVDFab (NOTE) Do not use the old downloaded installer of DVDFab that you have had on your computer "could be corrupt re-download a new copy of the installer.

I have attached a screenshot of the compression ratio and video size after opening the file I want to burn. It looks strange to me [4299 MB --> 4299MB] but what do I know

Thank you so much for your help!
          Cheryl
          Attached Files

Comment

Cheryl:
            Don't worry I will help you built a snowman the easy way.

Please uninstall old Fab with Fabs uninstaller (you find it where Fab is stored on your computer same folder) or use control panel-programs and delete from their ,Now download newest free version of CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/, run the registry cleaner with the option "old prefetch" checked in advanced options when the program is opened its on the left side then after its checked run the cleaner. (it's unchecked by default) Run the registry cleaner until nothing is found maybe 2 or 3 times if that's what it takes to show all clean.You can run the file cleaner if you like that will get rid of a lot of junk files.

Now download the newest version 9 from the forum or Fabs front page.
            save it to your download folder, right click the installer and choose install as administrator.And that should help you build that snowman disk
            Last edited by glenns; 05-26-2014, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              Cheryl:
              Don't worry I will help you built a snowman the easy way.

Please uninstall old Fab with Fabs uninstaller (you find it where Fab is stored on your computer same folder) or use control panel-programs and delete from their ,Now download newest free version of CCleaner found here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/, run the registry cleaner with the option "old prefetch" checked in advanced options when the program is opened its on the left side then after its checked run the cleaner. (it's unchecked by default) Run the registry cleaner until nothing is found maybe 2 or 3 times if that's what it takes to show all clean.You can run the file cleaner if you like that will get rid of a lot of junk files.

Now download the newest version 9 from the forum or Fabs front page.
              save it to your download folder, right click the installer and choose install as administrator.And that should help you build that snowman disk
              glenns thank you so much for getting me this information so quickly.

Followed your instructions for a clean uninstall of DVDFab using CCleaner with the "old Prefetch date" option checked until it was clean as a whistle, downloaded a fresh copy of DVDFab9146.exe and then Ran it as Administrator.

I am still receiving the Task_1 failed! Error=100.

I have attached a copy of the dvdfab_internal.log as well as a text version of the application errors that occured at the same time. Hopefully someone will be able to figure out what the problem is.

Thank you,
              Cheryl
              Attached Files

Comment

Based on the logs posted, it could be that a dependent dll file (msvcr90.dll) is missing and/or corrupted. Here is a link that gives a guide on possible steps to try and fix it that may help resolve your issue:

msvcr90.dll Fix

Note prior to fixing you may want to uninstall dvdfab and then after fixing going ahead and reinstalling dvdfab.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Comment

Please post your dvdfab internal log this will provide more info on your burner drive and firmware and any errors.Is this happening only when you go to burn the disk?

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
                    Please post your dvdfab internal log this will provide more info on your burner drive and firmware and any errors.Is this happening only when you go to burn the disk?
                    The drive reads fine. It just can't burn.

Thank you,
                    Cheryl
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by supafyn View Post
                      Based on the logs posted, it could be that a dependent dll file (msvcr90.dll) is missing and/or corrupted. Here is a link that gives a guide on possible steps to try and fix it that may help resolve your issue:

msvcr90.dll Fix

Note prior to fixing you may want to uninstall dvdfab and then after fixing going ahead and reinstalling dvdfab.

Hope this helps and good luck!
                      Thank you supafyn.

I now know just enough about msvcr90.dll to be dangerous.

According to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956420/en-us there are three Microsoft versions of this Runtime Library:

Msvcr90.dll 9.0.30729.162 1,504,584 14-Oct-2008 00:56 IA-64
                      Msvcr90.dll 9.0.30729.162 624,456 14-Oct-2008 01:12 x64
                      Msvcr90.dll 9.0.30729.162 653,640 14-Oct-2008 02:32 x86

The Msvcr90.dll included and used with the DVDFab 9.1.4.6 has these properties:

User-Generated Microsoft(R) C/C++ Runtime Library
                      Company Fengtao Software Inc.
                      Version 9.0.0.0
                      Size 633KB
                      Date Modified 3/4/2013
                      Date Created 5/17/2014

I am running the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 on a AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor 2.50 GHz with 4 GB of RAM installed.

I don't know if DVDFab's version of Msvcr90.dll is the problem or not. However, I do know that everytime I run and/or try to burn a DVD (reading works fine) with DVDFab I get these error messages:

Log Name: Application
                      Source: Application Error
                      Date: 5/26/2014 4:05:38 AM
                      Event ID: 1000
                      Task Category: (100)
                      Level: Error
                      Keywords: Classic
                      User: N/A
                      Computer: Leroy_the_8th
                      Description:
                      Faulting application name: FabCheck.exe, version: 1.0.3.6, time stamp: 0x53702d0b
                      Faulting module name: msvcr90.dll, version: 9.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4eaa6744
                      Exception code: 0x40000015
                      Fault offset: 0x000037d0
                      Faulting process id: 0x1648
                      Faulting application start time: 0x01cf78d26d14eb24
                      Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\FabCheck.exe
                      Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\msvcr90.dll
                      Report Id: aacd62b9-e4c5-11e3-8264-00190e070dbe
                      Faulting package full name:
                      Faulting package-relative application ID:
                      Event Xml:
                      <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                      <System>
                      <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                      <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                      <Level>2</Level>
                      <Task>100</Task>
                      <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                      <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-05-26T11:05:38.000000000Z" />
                      <EventRecordID>4824</EventRecordID>
                      <Channel>Application</Channel>
                      <Computer>Leroy_the_8th</Computer>
                      <Security />
                      </System>
                      <EventData>
                      <Data>FabCheck.exe</Data>
                      <Data>1.0.3.6</Data>
                      <Data>53702d0b</Data>
                      <Data>msvcr90.dll</Data>
                      <Data>9.0.0.0</Data>
                      <Data>4eaa6744</Data>
                      <Data>40000015</Data>
                      <Data>000037d0</Data>
                      <Data>1648</Data>
                      <Data>01cf78d26d14eb24</Data>
                      <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\FabCheck.exe</Data>
                      <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\msvcr90.dll</Data>
                      <Data>aacd62b9-e4c5-11e3-8264-00190e070dbe</Data>
                      <Data>
                      </Data>
                      <Data>
                      </Data>
                      </EventData>
                      </Event>

Log Name: System
                      Source: cdrom
                      Date: 5/27/2014 10:15:01 AM
                      Event ID: 11
                      Task Category: None
                      Level: Error
                      Keywords: Classic
                      User: N/A
                      Computer: Leroy_the_8th
                      Description:
                      The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom3.

I realize that everything I've read on this error usually indicates a hardware problem. I don't understand how this same CD/DVD-RW worked the day before under Windows XP SP3 but as soon as I installed Windows 8 (clean install) it now has a hardware problem. Especially since I have no problems reading/installing/copying using this same drive. Can someone explain it to me like a "4-year-old".

Did I mention that I also have a ton of AppCrash_DVDFab.exe and AppCrash_Fabcheck.exe files. I've attached the latest one of each.

Clear as mud???

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you,
                      Cheryl
                      Attached Files

Comment

Cheryl:Go into Fab settings under drives as you see in my screen shot I have two of the same drives.The drives model number is listed and the firmware version its using i want this info. from your drive so I can check your blu rays drivers to see if their up to date or you can check them yourself here
                        http://www.firmwarehq.com.

If your only having trouble burning try another burning program like IMGburn it's a free burner or even use windows burner once the disk is on the hard drive any burner should work.Img burn has its own burn log file that will give good info. if it doesn't burn a disk.Like I said in a prior post you can switch Fab burn engines in Fab settings also.

Are you using bit defender by any chance for security program?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Cheryl:You can try re-installing the blu ray drives driver:

Start type "Device Manager" -> Enter
                          Find your blu ray drive in the list of devices
                          Right click and select "uninstall" and press ok.
                          Then Click on "Action" (on the menu bar) and select "Scan for hardware changes"

Windows should re-install the driver and say successful. Give that a go, will get that Frozen movie built yet so the Kids can get that do you want to build a snowman song stuck in your head like it's with mine.
                          Last edited by glenns; 05-28-2014, 02:31 AM.

Comment

CHERYL:Hi was wondering if you solved your problem so you can build that snowman disk Frozen.

Mirosoft has a free helper program called Mr fix it that will scan your system and fix errors with all drives your computer users or will report it's findings to you if it can't make a repair.You can download the small helper program here and try it.
                            Describes Microsoft easy fix solutions and how to use them. "Microsoft easy fix" was formerly known as "Microsoft Fix it."

Comment

Working...
                            X