Unable to burn disks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to burn disks.

I'm a return user to DVD Fab. Having previously used an older version of Blu-Ray Copy on an older laptop, with great results, I've recently paid up for the new All-in-One suite and am running version 9.1.5.0 on my current laptop. Although I'm thus not a complete DVD Fab novice, I am inexperienced with this latest version and, sad to say, am bamboozled by it thus far.

I'm failing at the first hurdle in that I'm steadfastly unable to burn any copied disks. The ripping process is going swimmingly, but every time I try to burn a disk I'm getting the dreaded ping and the disk continually being spat out of the drive and the now-very-annoying message that repeatedly urges me to insert writeable media.

I've done all the usual idiot checks: the drive's fine; the drive firmware is fine (and it's otherwise working perfectly in every other regard) and the disks are evidently fine (whatever I use, DVD-RW or new DVD-Rs, it's the same, and seemingly confined to DVD Fab). The problem consequently seems to be confined to DVD Fab. Presumably I'm missing something basic. I've tried adjusting every setting that seems worthwhile and tried both DVD Fab's burning engine and ImageBurn to burn disks, but all to no avail.

I've done a search, and while I found one post that refers to a problem remarkably smilar to my own, there isn't really a solution posted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing that comes to mind and the cause of many problems, is make sure of the size of the output prior to ripping. If that's not it post the internal log.
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Theirs a good burn log with img burn that's saved can you post it also it may prove helpful.
      Here is a free mr fix it program from mirco soft that helps with cd/dvd problems of all sorts you can download it and see what it says http://support.microsoft.com/mats/cd_dvd_drive_problems
      Last edited by glenns; 06-04-2014, 03:20 PM.

Comment

but every time I try to burn a disk I'm getting the dreaded ping and the disk continually being spat out of the drive and the now-very-annoying message that repeatedly urges me to insert writeable media.
        Does the Windows explorer read the blank media currently?

tried both DVD Fab's burning engine and ImageBurn to burn disks, but all to no avail.
        Would you please try to copy the DVD to ISO on HDD, and then write the ISO to blank disc by ImgBurn directly?

If you could not burn to disc by ImgBurn, maybe you should check you driver or the blank media.

Wilson
        Please post your logs the default location is:
        For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
        For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
        If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X