Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pathplayer: Latest Build- Reads disc wrong!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pathplayer: Latest Build- Reads disc wrong!!!

I upgraded yesterday from dvdfab 9.1.5.0 to the latest build 9.1.5.2 and then rebooted pc. I put in dvd disc Roseanne Season 9 Disc 2 from Anchor Bay and it read the whole disc as 49MB no matter what I did. I went to a different pc that still had 9.1.5.0 on it and the disc read fine 5.3GB.

I was gonna uninstall the new build and put the old one back on and then I had an idea of disabling pathfinder for some reason. I did this and bam 9.1.5.2 read the whole disc. I haven't had to do this in a long time and wonder what changed.

Is disabling pathfinder gonna be the norm from now on when backing up some dvd's or is there something that can be fixed here?

At least I found what fixed my problem but would like to leave it on as generally it does more good than harm.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by joeg01; 06-13-2014, 04:23 PM.

Always leave pathplayer on except with tv episode disks because of a copy protection Fab checks for that's looks like a episode disk with the same title times fab has trouble with tv episode disks.

Comment

Originally posted by glenns View Post
      Always leave pathplayer on except with tv episode disks because of a copy protection Fab checks for that's looks like a episode disk with the same title times fab has trouble with tv episode disks.
      I think that is good advice and will be sure to use it with tv shows from now on. I do want to point out however that with build 9.1.5.0 I was able to leave pathplayer on full time with episode discs of all sorts since that is what I backup most I am more sensitive to all types of those. However with the latest build 9.1.5.2 I have to disable it.

I do appreciate the suggestion and will be using it I just wanted the devs to know that something changed with episode disc reading between builds and pathplayer. It was the same exact same disc I tested on both builds.

Comment

Hi joeg01
        Not that this matters but, your drives firmware is old the newest one can be found here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_2..._L102.zip.html

Note that if you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless and you take full responsibility in doing so.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Updating a drives firmware always matters and can make a big difference or the drives manufacture wouldn't bother to put updates out.

(For joeg01 drive) here's some of the different updates for his drive to give you a idea what's in a update and really how important they are.

Some will update the drive so it plays newer disks better as the logs show for this drive.When a manufacture says it improves playback for DVDs they use the term generically as they mean both for blu rays and DVDs.New blank disk brands and speeds are added to the list of disks the drive will burn this is important also.Bugs are also fixed and this is very important.

LG BH10LS30 firmware update read me files for it's update history:

102AO_ No read me file for newest update read me files are included with most manufactures web page updates for most but not all brands.

Firmware Version :1.02AO

* Improvement Point
          - Improved playability for specific BD titles (This is very important)
          ------------------
          Version History
          ------------------
          1.00-09

- Add write strategy of new BD-R/RE media
          - Improve writing quality for recordable BD/DVD media (very important)

- PRODISC BD-R SL 4x support ( All important if you use these brands)
          - CMC BD-R DL 6x support
          - TAIYO YUDEN BD-R SL LTH 6x support
          - MKM BD-R SL LTH 4x, 6x write quality improvement
          - New BCA BD disc support

1.01-A0

- BD-R Prodisc 6x support
          Last edited by glenns; 06-14-2014, 02:50 AM.

Comment

Hi,joeg01
            Please download the latest version 9153 and try again!
            In DVDFab download center, you can find and download free full range of products including DVDFab 13, StreamFab, MusicFab, Passkey, UniFab, etc.
            Last edited by geilee; 07-28-2014, 03:02 AM.

Comment

I have and it is working good now. I knew it wasn't me or my burner of old firmware which btw I did updated and still didn't work. Now with latest build things are back to normal. Thanks for getting that fixed right away.
              Thanks Fentago you are my hero.
              Last edited by CBR929; 06-24-2014, 10:44 PM. Reason: Removed text

Comment

@ joeg01
                Please keep the posts on topic and refrain from calling members names that are trying to help you, this will be your only warning for this.
                Everyone's computer is different, some may have problems with certain releases, where as others will not.
                Thanks
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                X