This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Night Watch

For some reason DVDFab tries scanning the movie but the initial scan doesn't complete. I just get a notice say DVDFab has stopped working/crashed. Afterwards I check Computer and the DVD drive is no longer showing up in Windows and I have to reboot to get it to show back up in Windows again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by richmoral; 01-07-2010, 02:39 AM. Reason: attached log files

I did this movie when it came out with the latest DVDFab then with no problems and you say DVDFab crashes on you. Can you try right clicking your desktop icon for DVDFab and try runing as administrator to see if that helps. I will as well give this movie a try with the latest released of DVDFab tonight

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
      I did this movie when it came out with the latest DVDFab then with no problems and you say DVDFab crashes on you. Can you try right clicking your desktop icon for DVDFab and try runing as administrator to see if that helps. I will as well give this movie a try with the latest released of DVDFab tonight
      Figures. I've noticed people having trouble on movies that I hadn't had trouble using the latest version at the time when said movie came out. You don't happen to remember which version of Fab it was you used. Hopefully I can find an older version some where and get this thing backed up.

I'm trying this DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.2 that I happened to still have the installer for and it got by the initial scan quickly.
      Looks like this version is going to work.
      Last edited by richmoral; 01-07-2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Hmmm I tried disabling PathPlayer and the initial scan goes fast. But then it gives me an error about half way through.
        Crashes during initial scan with Pathplayer on.

Comment

Well both the Russian and English version works for me with the latest release of DVDFab. Maybe make sure your DVD has no scratches and has no finger prints/smudges on it as that could be the problem

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
            Well both the Russian and English version works for me with the latest release of DVDFab. Maybe make sure your DVD has no scratches and has no finger prints/smudges on it as that could be the problem
            I was finally able to get it. For some reason it just didn't like the disc so I was able to borrow the movie from a cousin of mine who hadn't not even knowing he had it. And was able to do it fine with that one even though it looked like it had more scratches or the same amount of scratches as the first one I tried doing. Guess it just didn't like the first disc I was using.

Comment

Working...
            X