This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab command line for drive destination

/MODE "MAINMOVIE" /SRC "L:\VIDEO_TS\" /DEST "J:" /TITLE "auto" /AUDIO "english" /SUBTITLEID "english" /OUTDISC "dvd5" /VOLUME "MY_DVD_BURN" /CLOSE

For the destination, I tried just J:, J:\, J:\Target, J:\Target\, J:\VIDEO_TS, and J:\VIDEO_TS\

None of the destinations work. I get the error:

Failed to create directory.

J:\MainMovie\MY_DVD_BURN\

So how do I specify the drive that has a blank dvd in it?

NOTE: This fails on every version since November 2009, including the new beta. I have not tried to do this before November.

Thanks,

Rick
    Last edited by big_gun; 01-08-2010, 03:19 AM.

Hi Rick,

Do you mean J: is a DVD writer, and there is a blank disc in it?

For now, command line doesn't support output to writer, we will improve it asap.

Best Regards,
    Fengtao
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Yes, exactly, J: is the dvd writer. If I omit the /DEST it has errors too, so how do I automate it?

Comment

Wait patiently!!!!

"For now, command line doesn't support output to writer, we will improve it asap."
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I am not 100% of your intentions. I googled ImgBurn and saw it supported command lines. I pulled it down and played with it a bit. It seems like a good program. You should be able to use ImgBurn to do what you want. You may need to combine a DVDFab command with a ImgBurn burn to get exactly what you want. I rarely burn DVDs anymore. Both examples assume you already ripped the movie to the hard drive.

Video folder example

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE "BUILD" /BUILDINPUTMODE "STANDARD" /VERIFY "NO" /SRC "J:\MOVIE\folders\DISTRICT_9\VIDEO_TS\" /DEST "E:\" /ERASE /NOIMAGEDETAILS /VOLUMELABEL "DISTRIC_9" /START /CLOSE

ISO Image example

"C:\Program Files\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe" /MODE "WRITE" /SRC "J:\MOVIE\iso\DISTRICT_9.iso" /DEST "E:\" /ERASE /START /CLOSE

Let me know if this works for you.

Comment

I'm just kinda sad, because it says for version 6.2.1.8:
            •New: Command line are fully supported, please read Commandline.txt in installation folder.

But technically they are not. Hopefully they will fix this in the next version, since you really cant automate disc to disc as of now, but a rip to iso, then burn to dvd then delete iso with two programs.

Comment

I agree that "fully supported" may be a poor marketing term. It should say something like "enhanced". Users will always dream up new capabilities they need. I recently requested chapter support. I also need to cut them some slack on this. English is not their native language. I would call it "problem solved" since there is a reasonable workaround.

Comment

Working...
              X