The Cartel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cartel

The DVD is recognized sometimes as DVD_VIDEO and once it got it right as THE_CARTEL_DVD. If it is attempted, the conversion takes ten seconds and virtually nothing is copied. It takes only seconds to scan the disk initially. Tried it with Pathplayer on and off. No difference I could see. I have attached whatever log info I could dig out. Since the DVD is not properly recognized, some of the dvd volume info and other log info is not there. I have attached whatever I could dig out. Pathplayer enabled and disabled. Different drives were tried and no change. It seems to take Windows longer to load the disk as well.

Not that important for this disk, but I've not had one that acted like this one. Mostly curious if there is any idea.
    Attached Files

Seems like that the DVD could not be opened when enable pathplayer, but from the log, you opened the DVD through add the VIDEO_TS folder manually after disable pathplayer, please try to export source info and save to a folder(contains VIDEO_TS folder (IFO files) and DISC.BIN file) if the option could be used. And then please zip them and attach to here;

If fab can't open your source, please goto Windows Explorer and open the folder and copy all of VIDEO_TS.IFO and VIDEO_TS.BUP files, then upload them here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 09-15-2014, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Additional Info

Thanks for getting back to me. My brother was able to back up the disc using software that he owns, so it's a moot point at this time. However, it appears that there is a multimedia file in the root of the dvd. It is labeled "Accustomed to the Fight.m4a". I have attached a few items that I pulled from the disc previously.

The disk would not load and there was no information when right clicking whatever title came up. Pathplayer on or off did not matter. I'm wondering if the m4a file might cause it to hang. It loads up real quick, but there is very little there when trying to rip the disc. It's attached mostly in the VIDEO_TS zip archive.

There was an additional folder, which I can't remember the name of. Some 3 letter name if I recall. I'm thinking it's a non-standard DVD and one that doesn't back up well. I'll find out more from my brother in a couple of weeks when he visits and brings back the disk. He did say he had to jump a few hoops to get it to work, but he was luckier than me.

The VIDEO_TS Folder is all the content that the program was able to extract, plus an empty AUDIO_TS file and the m4a file.

Like I said, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, but it's an odd one for the record.

Thanks again for your help and insight.

Warm Regards,

The Doc
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X