'Neighbors' backup fine, then audio cuts off in BR player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Neighbors' backup fine, then audio cuts off in BR player

I've got a (not-so) smart bluray player, and am having problems with my Neighbors backup disc. I can put it in this particular player and it plays about 20 minutes, audio goes out and some sort of warning pops up and you have to reset the whole player to get it to unfreeze. Plays perfectly fine in a regular DVD player, but I like this 'premium' player. Anyone else seen this before or know how to fix it? Using 9.1.6.4.

Hi rosenbarn
    It sounds as though one of your players is infected with Cinavia and will mute the sound at about 20 minutes, and the other one is not, what ever you do, never do any firmware updates for your player that is playing the disc as it could get infected.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you! I think that was the word that popped up before freezing. Note taken!

Comment

Same thing with million ways to die. It doesn't effect all DVD player but some do. Will try to copy it again with a different software tonight.

Comment

Hi Guy, it's that no good Cinavia audio protection on the disc, here is an article about the possible cracking of this protection coming soon.
          Cinavia protection is implemented by adding a watermark to the audio track that is then detected by the player which stops playback if it does not match the AACS key on the disc. So far the success in beating this protection was rather small, but now software developer Pixbytes, the authors of programs like DVD neXt COPY and DVD-Ranger, claim to have broken the Cinavia protection that comes on many Blu-Ray discs and DVDs and stops playback of copied discs that were protected with Cinavia on certain Blu-Ray players.

According to the authors, the protection was broken accidentally while developing a different software. While not actually removing Cinavia protection, the signal was changed in a way so that it has become unreadable thus disabling the protection by using a design flaw in Cinavia.
          Right now the software is still in development and the authors report a success rate of 55% on the tested Blu-Ray discs and DVDs. The release of DVD Ranger 5 is scheduled for October 31st and will for the Cinavia module. – including the Cinavia module.
          What do you think? Will their solution actually work and if it does will the industry to find a way to work around this again? Can we expect other software to include this “fix” as well? Anyone has an idea how they may have managed to bypass the protection? Feel free to comment and share your views with us.
          Last edited by Burner1; 10-21-2014, 11:08 PM. Reason: Wondering why DVDFab has not done this yet

Comment

I got a message about Cinavia for Neighbors also.

Comment

Neighbors and Cinavia audio protection

I was using the new release of 9.1.7.1
              I received the same pop-up about Cinavia audio protection when trying to burn Neighbors. Does anyone have a resolution to this problem? In the past when this happened the only thing I could do to get around it is play the movie on a regular DVD player and NOT a Blue-Ray player.
              But I'm wondering if DVDFAB has a new release coming out to avoid this problem altogether. Let me know.
              Thanks

Comment

Hope springs eternal, but in the meantime I would get a media player and forget about Cinavia.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Nieghbors

Well I couldn't play the movie on any DVD player without getting the Cinvia error constantly. Don't understand what you mean about getting a media player?
                  Is there any kind of fix for this issue? or a new release in the works?

Comment

A media player connects to the TV via HDMI just like a disc player but plays files and doesn't recognize the Cinavia audio watermark. I have an AIOS, make an iso and play them without loss and Cinavia never crosses my mind.
                    Google media players there is a huge variety of good ones out there. I save a lot of money on blank media too.

Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW if you have a USB port on your set top player you can very likely make an MKV file of your movie and play it from there via an external drive of some sort, a thumb drive will work on my Panasonic BR player that is Cinavia plagued.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Neighbors and Cinavia audio protection

Thanks for the information. I must admit I'm not very tech savy so this is very good information to me.

Comment

TMT6

I was playing the DVD (NOT Blu-ray) of Neighbors and from the ripped folder and about 3/4 of the way through Cinavia message came on and muted the audio. I noticed in the ripped folder is a FAB! folder too.

I was using TMT 6 from ArcSoft when Cinavia kicked in. Very annoying. Then I played the folder using VLC and it worked.
                          Last edited by jj21; 10-30-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                            Hi rosenbarn
                            It sounds as though one of your players is infected with Cinavia and will mute the sound at about 20 minutes, and the other one is not, what ever you do, never do any firmware updates for your player that is playing the disc as it could get infected
                            CBR929
                            Experienced the same issue today with A Million Ways...got the audio cut off and message about Cinavia on the Blu-Ray, but not on a regular DVD player. I don't mind this happening on occasion, but can I expect this to occur more frequently now and could my Blu–Ray player now be infected and if so, what can I do about it?

Comment

Cinavia List Link

Originally posted by rosenbarn View Post
                              I've got a (not-so) smart bluray player, and am having problems with my Neighbors backup disc. I can put it in this particular player and it plays about 20 minutes, audio goes out and some sort of warning pops up and you have to reset the whole player to get it to unfreeze. Plays perfectly fine in a regular DVD player, but I like this 'premium' player. Anyone else seen this before or know how to fix it? Using 9.1.6.4.
                              FYI: Aside from fact that Fab notifies of Cinavia issue on process start, it's useful to save this link if you want to check a particular title/player:
                              .clearfix:after{content:"";display:table;clear:both}.clearfix{*zoom:1}.ptab{height:36px;border-bottom:1px solid #c9d9e2}.ptab a{display:block;font-size:12px;line-height:30px;height:30px;margin:0 10px;padding:0

Comment

Working...
                              X