This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help Playing FULL MOVIE from Hard Drive

Disclaimer: I am a first time DVDfab user.

Let me explain what I did.

1) Used DVDfab to rip DVD to hard drive.

2) Went into Video_TS folder, noticed movie is split into four 0.99 GB files...?

3) Double clicked on the VTS_xx_x (I can't remember what the original file name was!!) file and enjoyed the fact that it played back the entire movie (not in 4 separate sections).

*NOTE*: At this point I am pleased.

Here comes the problem.

4) I changed the name of VTS_xx_x to "District 9".

5) Double clicked "District 9". Window pops up saying "No Disc in D:/"

6) Changed "District 9" back to "VTS_00_0"

7) Double clicked "VTS_00_0" but NOW it only played the first 0.99 GB file (the first 30min of the movie...).

So here is my problem/question.
    First, what was the original file name of VTS_xx_x, and does that have anything to do with it playing back the FULL movie and/or just the first 0.99 GB of the movie.

Secondly, why does it divide the movie into parts in the first place, and can this be avoided?

Thirdly, is there anything I can do to fix back the problem I have created, or should I re-rip the DVD?

Thank you very much.

Rerip the movie and play the folder not the *parts* inside the folder.
    Do not rename anything except the folder Not any of the *parts* in the folder.

Right click on the folder and click on Play With.
    If you do not have VLC I suggest you download and use it to play your movies..

Comment

Forgot to reply to this question.

"Secondly, why does it divide the movie into parts in the first place, and can this be avoided?"

This is the way DVDFAB is supposed to work. If there is a way to change it I am not aware of how to do it.

Comment

Grunon, thank you for your swift reply. I did as you suggested, and downloaded VLC. I also right clicked the folder and selected "play with VLC".

My only gripe now is that, it still plays the sections of the movie, one at a time, and everytime it goes to the new section, it shows the file name at the bottom of the screen.

Is there any way to simply play the full movie all at once? As to where the time at the bottom would show 1:52:23 for example, instead of 00:28:37?

Comment

I use VOBMerge to join the various *.VOB files into one. This can then be renamed to the film name. Hope this solves your problem.

Comment

I usually play the first IFO found in the folder as it plays the movie exactly like the actual DVD plays

Comment

Just turn off the OSD (On Screen Display) in Tools->Preferences.

Also you can make an ISO (Disk Image) that VLC will load and play rather than folders.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
              X