Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make an exact copy? (Aspect ratio seems to have changed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make an exact copy? (Aspect ratio seems to have changed)

I would like to make an exact backup of a DVD I own.

I tried this using DVD Copy and making a DVD9 copy, but while the original source DVD is listed as having an aspect ratio of 2.35:1, the resulting copy made by DVD Copy has an aspect ratio of 1.78.

How do I make an exact backup of a DVD without any changes other than removal of encryption?

When the aspect ratio is changed, what happens? Is the image cropped or letter boxed or what?

Thanks!

use the clone option. to make a 1:1 exact copy of a disc.

Comment

Ah! Thank you.

Comment

Wow I've never seen DVDFab change the aspect ratio in any movie I've ever ripped with it. I wish it did as you stated and would change, or give the option to change, 2.35 to 1.78 as I'd rather not have the black bars and would not mind it being cropped. As far as I know, it's not possible for DVDFab to do this as the 2.35 aspect ratio (specifically the black bars) is hard coded into the original and only the zoom feature of the DVD player can change the view.
        Last edited by Mike89; 01-14-2015, 06:27 PM.
        I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Working...
        X