This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with "9" Backup

running 6.2.1.8 on an XP machine. 4GB ram and internal dvd burner. Using single drive to read and write. I am compessing DVD9 -> DVD5

the movie "9" produces no errors and completes normally. Disk unusable in DVD player (tried several). Unrecognized disk. Other movies backup normally so do not think it is a hardware issue. Anyone have ideas?

Hi, welcome to the forum.....

Please read the Help Us Help you thread...

Most likely cause is the dvds you purchased. What kind are they? You should be using Verbatim....

Comment

Had no problems with this one using ver 6.2.1.8 reducing to dvd5

Check out the Help us Help you section and give us more information, media used, how fast you burn at all that, it's in the logs.

Thanks and Welcome to DVDFab

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
      Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Upload logs. On the burn VSO I copied just the 2 burns in question as the long had 3 years worth of burns it seemed. The differences were the burn on the 11th was memorex media and used optiarc drive to burn and on the 12 used Sony media and my Philips drive. I believe Sony and Memorex are the same disks anyway. Have used both for a lot of movies and have very few rejects.

Can the source material affect the needed desination disk?
        Attached Files

Comment

You should update your firmware on your drives your optiarc is http://www.firmwarehq.com/Optiarc/AD-7240S/files.html
          and your philips is http://www.firmwarehq.com/Philips/DVD8701/files.html
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Have you tried using Imgburn as your burning software, it's free and works a lot better than the VSO engine.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
            Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

I second the opinion in using IMGBurn instead of VSO.

But when I first started using Fab I used Memorex and thought they were good. But they would not work in every player all the time like Verbatim (I am a believer in Verbatim)

Comment

Can I have DVDFAB auto use IMGBURN or do I have to run it independent of DVDFab

Comment

Found the option to change burn engine - thanks

Comment

All Working

Don't know if it was the firmware or the burn engine but everything is back working. Appreciate the guidance.....

Comment

For setting up ImgBurn to work with DVDFab you can watch the youtube video in this link below

Comment

Yes you can set up DVD Fab and Image burn to work together with your 2 drives you have read the set up in DVD to DVD one will rip and after that is done the other will burn automatically. Sorry AGJ never went to page 2.
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

But it will not do it on-the-fly. Fab will ALWAYS create the temp file on the HDD before it starts burning.
                          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

GregiBoy is it true that after it completes the burn click OK and always click the Finnish button or it will not delete the temp folder?

Comment

That is correct. If you do not click the FINISH button and just close the window, the temp files remain.
                              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                              X