Ripped DVDs skipping and freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripped DVDs skipping and freezing

This problem has been occurring with any DVDFab version that I use. I burn "main movie" dvds using Verbatim discs and when playing them back they either freeze or skip throughout the movie. I use VSO as my burning engine with "recommended" write speed which is has been the same for many years. The movies seem to copy and burn without any problem until I play them back. What about using DVDFab as the burning engine? I know many use ImgBurn but am hoping the problem can be solved. Is anyone else having playback issues using the VSO burning engine? Thank you.

please post dvdfabs complete internal log files as well the burn log files.

Comment

That's pretty typical of burning too fast. Try setting the burn speed to half the media's rated speed and see what happens. 16x media set to 8x. If the Verbatim media doesn't have the AZO label, they could be most anything.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

The Verbatim discs do have the ASO label. I did indicate that my write speed has always been set at "recommended" so does that mean it would burn at 16X using the Verbatim disc? My dvd burner drive indicates it supports 16x max. for disc burning but that could still be the issue? I will change it to 8x the next time I burn a movie to see if that works. Thank you.

Comment

I use the +R media with the AZO set to 12x, I would never use recommended setting.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I appreciate the info. I will change the setting to 12x and give that a try in the hope it makes a difference. Thanks, again, for your help.

Comment

try burning at 4x.

Comment

Just curious, if my burner drive supports 16x, why would it have to be set that slow? I assume it takes longer to burn a dvd at a slower speed but the quality is better? Do you burn at 4X? Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

i'm guessing the slower the burn the less errors you'll get.
                  and yes i do burn at 4x. could it be you may have a bad batch of blanks?
                  also try cleaning out your dvd drive and your lazer.

Comment

I don't think it is a bad batch of discs because a different batch had the same issues. I don't feel that I know enough to attempt cleaning the drive/laser myself. Thanks.

Comment

Hi brendajc
                      Without the requested log files it's all guess work.
                      I also use Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package label, but I use ImgBurn as my burn engine, it's the best there is.
                      If you would like to set up ImgBurn as your burn engine you will find instructions in the link in my signature.
                      My guess would be your burning to fast.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi CBR929,
                        Thank you for your comments re this issue. I'll have to try different burn speeds as I've been given suggestions to burn at 4X, 8x or 12X. Thanks for giving the instructions for setting up ImgBurn which may be my next option.

Comment

Start with 8x, 4x seems unnecessarily slow for the media you're using. ImgBurn with OPC set is by far your best bet.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This may seem like a silly question but what is OPC? Also, if I end up trying to set up with ImgBurn, after downloading and installing ImgBurn, do I just follow the numbered steps 1-5 and then 1-8 to finish? I found that when I click on the site listed under "Setting up ImgBurn," the first steps are 1-5 but then 1-15 instead of 1-8. I sometimes use TDK discs as well as Verbatim, does ImgBurn recognize them as well? Thanks.

Comment

"O"ptimum "P"ower "C"alibration it sets the laser diode's power based on the media used.
                              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X