This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD5 Main Movie = 71% quality??

Hi guys, I'm quite new here so hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say.

I'm trying to copy just the main movie 'Housesitter' an oldie but a goodie but the quality is showing as 71% (6026 MB -> 4300 MB) and this is only for the movie itself. No subpictures only English Audio selected. My aim is always to achieve 80% and above.

When I used to use shrink, I found that I could cut out a lot of the end credits and some of the start which helped with a higher quality result.

Is there any way to improve the quality, I tried the Title Start/End Settings but this didn't work because it seemed to cut into some of the movie.

Any suggestions?

DVDFab does not have start/end settings but it has been suggested in the feature request forum (along with being able to change the compression on just the credits to save space for the rest of the movie).

For now, you can either use the split feature or rip the main movie using DVDFab in DVD9 mode and then use Shrink on the hard drive folder (which many people like to do).

Comment

Originally posted by Complication View Post
      DVDFab does not have start/end settings but it has been suggested in the feature request forum (along with being able to change the compression on just the credits to save space for the rest of the movie).

For now, you can either use the split feature or rip the main movie using DVDFab in DVD9 mode and then use Shrink on the hard drive folder (which many people like to do).

***OR***

Switch to using D/L +R blanks (Verbatim by choice), and compression won't be an issue at all...

DC

Comment

Thanks Complication, I'll give it a shot and see how it goes following suggestion.

Comment

Darthcopier...????

Darth copier is there a difference between +R and -R discs when copying?? I always thought they were both the same, that there really wasn't a difference between them.

I've just bought 100 -R discs so to change now will be some time away,

Comment

DarthCopier is talking +R DL media, not SL media as you describe.
            As he wisely suggested, when burning to DL, Verbatim +R DL media is the only consistently recommended DL media.
            Don't even consider burning -R DL.

Your -R SL media is just fine
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Sorry to ask or for being blonde for that matter...but you've got me on DL media...DL meaning???? and SL meaning???

Comment

DL=Double layer 8.5GB in size
                SL=Single layer 4.7GB in size

Comment

Doh....thanks for that.

Oh and btw, I tried to compress it on DVD Shrink and basically couldn't get it beyond 74% so I'm thinking about dual layer now. I guess they are required on rare occasions for DVDs that are large in size.

Comment

HouseSitter is an old movie have you tried with pathplayer disabled as old movies sometimes do not require pathplayer

Comment

Well that has just thrown everything out the window....I just tried with a DL +R disc and it failed.

20:14:41: Analyzing of DVD started
                      20:14:41: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
                      20:14:41: Copy process started
                      20:24:20: Copy process completed successfully
                      20:24:20: Burn DVD folder (C:\Users\Dianne\Documents\DVDFab\Temp\MainMovie\H OUSESITTER\) started
                      20:40:31: Task_2 failed! Error=112

I'm sorry I don't know what you mean by pathplayer, is that another ripping program??

Comment

No in common settings the green dot with the check mark top right corner of DVDFab. Once that pop up opens after clicking select pathplayer and then disable it then restart DVDFab and give it another try

Comment

Arrr...at last sweet success. I have 2 DVD Writer drives so after the initial coping failed (error = 112) I switched the discs around into the other drives and this time the DL R+ disc worked. Thanks people for your help....I can sit back now and burn away.

Comment

well then happy burning

Comment

Working...
                            X