X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6.1.2.8 will not open Ice Age 3 or backup

Hi,

This probably belongs in two topic (DVD to DVD + DVD to Mobile) but I will start here.

The latest version of DVDFab (Purchased) 6.1.2.8, Dec 09 I have on board my System will not open a PAL Version of ICE Age 3 (Dawn of the Dinosaur) DVD ----- not a Blue Ray Disc, just a normal DVD.

These latest movies which state that they can be played on your DVD player plus your computer, mobile device etc are a real PITA. They never stop asking to download various files onto your PC when you insert them into your DVD Drive.

Anyway the copy of IA3 I have and wanted to back up is one of these and DVDFab will not open it.

After watching the little horizontal blue bar travel around and around for ages I gave up. So I fell back on that old time favorite RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter and it woked fine. No problems what so ever.

Back up copy is playable on PC and in DVD Player.

Then I tried to use DVDFab "DVD to Mobile" with this back up disc to make an IPOD Version and DVDFab will not even open this backup disc.

I have tried a variety of other DVD to IPOD converters (including Handbrake) and they all work. In general the picture quality sucks but they work and can all open this back up disc.

Why not DVDFab ....... what problems are there with Ice Age 3 ????

I would much rather use DVDFab, as it is better, plus bought and paid for, but for ICE AGE 3, Original Disc or Backup Copy, it just did not work.

UP, Night at the Museum 2, Aliens in the Attic, are all OK but not ICE Age 3.

Help.

Regards

laopa

I have done exactly that to the R4 (Oz) version of this title.

Backed up fine and created mobile file fine.

Try turning Pathplayer OFF for this title. Or if OFF, try it ON. Never set Pathplayer "As necessary"
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi GreiBoy,

Perfect, worked as stated for the R4 (OZ) with PathPlayer set to Off, and using the back-up.

Took the first of the two offerd 27-1 (1).

Again, as with the Photo Frame ... thanks.

laopa

Comment

Hi,

Just to clarify one of my inane comments in the previous post.

HTML Code:
        Took the first of the two [U]offered[/U] 27-1 (1).
        What I meant to say was.

When I loaded the Back-Up copy of ICE Age 3 and opened DVDFab and DVD to Mobile, as specified with PathPlayer set to OFF, I got this selection in the Video Panel?

There were two options in the Video Panel (left hand side). None were ticked.

Title/Angel>Play Time>Chapter>Aspect Ratio>Format

1(1)>1:30:12>21>16:9>MPEG2
        1(2)>1:30:12>21>16:9>MPEG2

And I ticked option 1(1) ....... why, who knows, and what would happen if I picked 1(2) or both I have no idea.

Though for all those wondering which Chapter to chose for IA3, it looks like CH 21, is the go.

Anyway for what it is worth, I felt the need to sort that out.

Regards

laopa

Comment

Working...
        X