X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File is unsupported - demo version 6.2.1.8

Hi All,

I just ripped a full disk backup of an old (1975) version of Rancho Deluxe. Everything went just fine. Now I would like to move it to iPod format. However, as DVD FAB 6 is opening the .VOB files, when it gets to VTS_01_3.VOB it tells me the file is unsupported. The program does open all the other files though. And I can start playing it with Media Player. So, I would not be able to make a full movie, it would be missing the data from VTS_01_3.VOB. Anyone got any suggestions?

Never mind

I found in another forum that I should have been using DVD to Mobile instead of file to mobile. While, to me, a ripped movie is just a series of files, I guess something does not work when done that way. Using DVD to Mobile seems to have fixed the problem.

Comment

That is because the info on the title is not just held in the VOB's.

The IFO's, which are also part of the structure of a DVD hold most of the play information, whereas the VOB's hold the streams.

BUP's are also present and they are backups of the IFO's in case an IFO file becomes damaged.

Did you have a read of my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread (Link in my signature below)?
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Spoke too soon

When using the DVD to Mobile option, it starts normally and goes through the files, but skips #3 just as when I was using the other option. I then read your best practices, downloaded VLC and was able to play the #3 file normally. So, don't really think that is the problem. I will try re-ripping the movie with your recommended settings. The disk, BTW, is dual sided, not dual layer, I think, as there is a wide screen version on one side and a 4x3 version on the other.

Comment

Reread my thread and follow the steps exactly. And with VLC, you also Play from the folder.

You open the top level folder, not the files. (The folder that contains VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS subdirectories)
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Also if this is a 1975 released version of the movie then try with pathplayer disabled as well

Comment

Looks good now

I had already re-ripped and re-converted to mobile before reading your message about pathlayer. The final mobile version did seem to work OK, as the total time is appropriate and I just viewed the portion that would have been dropped. So, thank you for the pointers and I will check out your sticky links a little closer.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Working...
              X