Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clone takes MUCH longer than Full Disk - Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clone takes MUCH longer than Full Disk - Why?

Testing v9 with Windoze 10, I find that doing a full disc copy runs quite fast - seems about the same as I remember cloning with v8 under Windoze 7.

BUT clone (to HDD files) under v9 seems to take about 3 times as long as a full disk copy. This seems very strange since the total size of the output files from both full disc copy and clone to HDD are the same.

What's going on here? Is there a way to have clone run just as fast as full disk copy? Thanx

Which movie you get this problem? Could you please post your internal_log for check?
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I WAS WRONG - Please ignore or delete this thread!

I sincerely apologize for wasting your time. It seems that when I started testing yesterday I was also doing other things and not paying enough attention to the testing. My idea that clone was taking so much longer was absolutely wrong. I went through the internal log myself this morning and verified that both jobs on two different discs took the same amount of time. I also did further testing with two more discs and verified with close observation that the jobs generally took the same amount of time. On one disk the full copy took 13 minutes and the clone took 16 minutes, but I do not think a three minute difference seems all that significant - certainly not like my BS complaint that started this thread.

I am embarrassed and apologetic for posting before I did proper testing and analysis. I will try not to do that again.
      Last edited by Mauser; 12-02-2015, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X