This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by guppy View Post
    SiRemFil is your Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers. It can be started or stopped from Services in the Control Panel. I recommend copying from the dvd drive to your hard drive, then copying from Hard drive to dvd. Sometimes copying straight from dvd drive to dvd drive, problems occur (due to your hardware). If this don't solve your problem, try a different brand dvd. HP works great for me, yet Ridata is hit and miss. I have always heard good stuff about verbatim.
    Thanks for the input guppy

Comment

So you're suggesting that I write the DVD to my hard drive and the just copy the directory with the data to (just the data) to a dvd drive. This doesn't sound too bad. It's certainly doable plus then i will also have a copy of the movie on my hard drive or storage drive. In fact, if it works, it sojnds "damn good"! I'll try it. I appreciate the information. Thank you, Guppy! And thank you AGJ for being there.
      Dan

Comment

This filter is for sure a potential problem: Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM Causes a lot of people greif with CD/DVD drives.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

If I am not mistaken I think Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM has something to do with iTunes.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
            If I am not mistaken I think Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM has something to do with iTunes.
            You're not mistaken, but then again neither is 90312.

To the best of my knowledge, GEARAspiWDM is necessary for iTunes.
            I happen to have this lower filter and iTunes on my rig and have no problems at all.

I recall reading about various fixes/work-arounds, but to be honest I didn't pay attention since I was unaffected.
            Hopefully, someone who has had the problem will spot this.

Then again, there's always Google...
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X