This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taiyo Yuden Blanks??

where is the best and cheapest place to buy Taiyo Yuden blank dvd+r's SL??

thanks for all~

Originally posted by Dorrell View Post
    where is the best and cheapest place to buy Taiyo Yuden blank dvd+r's SL??

thanks for all~

You'll have to do some of the work yourself...Google 'Taiyo Yuden' - you'll get a plethora of online suppliers...we may be able to advise you on some of them, but for the most part, you're takin' your own chances dealing with any specific supplier...

It's how we all learn...

DC

Comment

Depends on where are you located to ?

US .... Canada .... Russia ..... Antarctica ....

Try Goolge as DC mentioned, especially "Google Shopping"
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

I get my TY discs online , always free shipping here in the US and that is a significant consideration.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          I get my TY discs online , always free shipping here in the US and that is a significant consideration.
          Supermedia FTW
          I'm a PC and I play Poker

Comment

I usually get mine from Meritline.com. They have good pricing and free shipping most of the time.

Comment

I've had good luck with both supermediastore and meritline.
              Way back, I read about a few substitutions with meritline re: their valueline TY's, but if I recall, they shipped TYG03 instead of TYG02.

To be fair, I haven't read a complaint about substitutions in a long tome.

I buy YUDEN000 T02...never had anything but the real McCoy from both places
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Normally tyg03's in Valueline, tyg02 in the Premium Cakebox. Every so ofter I get G02's in Valueline stacks, but it's rare !

I've used both online stores you mentioned, but mostly SMS, they are usually cheaper. Recommend getting on the mailing list for sales of TY's

@signals, I have no affiliation (kickback) from SMS, forgot to mention that in the PM you sent me ....

Cheers
                Last edited by AlienX69; 01-28-2010, 12:53 AM.
                AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Yeah, I'm on the mailers for newegg, sms and meritline.
                  Hard to go wrong with the email promos and with the egg, you don't get the promo code discounts without a valid email...at least last I knew.

I agree about sms, overall it's my favorite for media.
                  And I think newegg is the best retailer on the planet

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

All VERY TRUE, feel exactly the same about NewEgg, spent over 3-5k over the years at NewEgg alone. I make all my computers from there components and/or Fry's combo deals, or Tiger Direct ....... Buy.com for general good deals .... I get email flyers from all .....

Here's my favorite purchase from newegg X-SuperAlien case ... I've built 3 different setups in this case over the years ... I will keep it 4ever

FYI: I actually got a FREE after rebate from newegg on one Black Friday (think '07).... my HT Media case cuz it's black, matches, black stands and components, etc. PS: I now have a custom built 360 with a Blue Transparent Case and blue LED's, very cool

Cheers MM
                    Last edited by AlienX69; 01-28-2010, 11:22 AM.
                    AX

Comment

The JVC TY are COMING, nope they have already invaded ......

Speaking of flyers:

.... "buy one get one FREE", not bad ..... but I use the Shinny Silver ones

AX

Comment

Yeah, according to meritline,

"Effective Oct 2009: Taiyo Yuden Brand Name Has Formally Changed to JVC (JDPR-SPY-SB). Products May Be Shipped in JVC Packaging. "

There is a buzz out there that TY was bought out by JVC.
                        Apparently it is the reverse.

Here is the supposed first article about this.
                        It's from Reuter's, May '08:
                        http://www.reuters.com/article/idUST13450420080526.

As long as it still says made in Japan and still manufactured by TY,
                        I'm a happy camper.

Comment

i bought a pack of Taiyo Yuden's from meritline.com.

thanks so much for all the advice.

blessings to all.

Comment

Happy burning...

Comment

Working...
                            X