This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Invention Of Lying

Anyone else having problems with this movie. For some reason it gets to about 70% and a window pops open saying that DVD FAB is the all in one software package for coping blue-ray dvd converting video file has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Then I check in My Computer and my DVD drive is no longer showing so I have to restart. I've tried the movie twice and got the same thing both times.
    Attached Files

Try reinstalling your version of Fab right over the top of the one you are using now.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

update firmware for drive first.

Comment

would help if you posted the process log as well. Also tell us what exactly you was doing FullDVD, Main Movie, etc,etc,etc,etc

Comment

Originally posted by richmoral View Post
          Anyone else having problems with this movie. For some reason it gets to about 70% and a window pops open saying that DVD FAB is the all in one software package for coping blue-ray dvd converting video file has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Then I check in My Computer and my DVD drive is no longer showing so I have to restart. I've tried the movie twice and got the same thing both times.

Just on a lark, the last time I saw a problem very similar to this, preview turned out to be the culprit. The problem is supposed to be fixed, but that's not to say that unusual circumstances couldn't trigger it again...

Go to Common Settings > Preview, and make sure that DirectX is selected, and not Internal Codecs, then try again to see if the problem goes away...

DC

Comment

I'm using FullDisc mode and there were no other log files.
            I tried it again and still same problem. I did notice that once it hit about 65% it slowed down until it was about to hit 75% and then the error happens. Also DirectX under Common Settings > Preview was what's already selected.
            Last edited by richmoral; 01-23-2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Sorry for the double post it's not letting me edit the last one.

I just noticed that under Windows it's showing the DVD as being 7.23GB but when I browse the DVD it's showing the only folder being the VIDEO_TS folder as being 6.73GB.
              I've seen DVDs were it shows the folder being bigger then what it shows the whole DVD being as but never smaller.

I've also attached the most recent log files from my last attempt.
              Attached Files

Comment

Have you checked the disc for scratches also try cleaning the disc. Disc could also be a bad press.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                  Have you checked the disc for scratches also try cleaning the disc. Disc could also be a bad press.
                  The disc seems fine. I did try cleaning it though.

Comment

Still can't get this movie to work. I tried to rip with other program as well and that gave me an error as well. I ran ScanDisc with Nero CD-DVD Speed to see if there is any errors on this disc and it said 100% good, 0% bad and 0% damaged. For some reason DVDFab isn't liking this one for me. Also my firmware is up to date.
                    Last edited by AGJ; 01-24-2010, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by richmoral View Post
                      Still can't get this movie to work. I tried to rip with ****** as well and that gave me an error as well. I'm not running ScanDisc with Nero CD-DVD Speed to see if there is any errors on this disc. For some reason DVDFab isn't liking this one for me.

The DVD must be a bad press it is not uncommon if you can return it to the store where you purchased it and ask for a replacement.
                      Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

The DVD must be a bad press it is not uncommon if you can return it to the store where you purchased it and ask for a replacement.
                        If it's bad wouldn't it show up in Nero CD-DVD Speed or not necessarily?

Comment

I have never used it but I think it will.

Comment

I have never used it but I think it will.
                            It showed it as being 100% good. I finally got a program to finish it but as DVD-9 with ******* with ****** running in the background. I noticed near the same part where other programs were messing up that it slowed down but it did finish. I'm hoping DVDFab will be able to shrink it down to DVD-5 and that playback will be perfect.

Also I'm sorry for mentioning other companies software but I'm trying everything I can to get this to work.
                            Last edited by Guest; 01-24-2010, 08:14 PM. Reason: Promoting competing software

Comment

Glad you got it to work, in the future just put other software and no names as I am not a moderator and know that this is not tolerated in the forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X