This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems reading discs Windows 10

I am trying to figure out if this is a Windows problem or a DVDFab. I think it might be windows as I will also explain but wanted to make sure.
    I was having an issue with DVDFab finishing out its initial Disc read progress bar, one disc was taking an extremely long time, so I tried a second one. This one took a long time also so I just let it run. Seemed like it took around 30 minutes for it to finally show up. When it did finally appear, I told it to copy and it errors out at 2%. I did this with both Howl (2015) and Hateful Eight. I closed DVDFab and had Windows 10 try to play the disc and this it just sat there trying to read the disc. So this is when I thought I might have a problem with the drive. I chose to install a game that has 4 dvds for an install and it came up immediately and installed fine, so there doesn't appear to be a drive problem. Is Windows 10 trying some DRM stuff that you guys might have heard about? I have a rather large hosts file and I did perform a search and nothing in there for dvdfab.
    Attached Files

Your getting a whole bunch of read errors normally caused by dirty or scratched disks try cleaning them make sure no fingerprints are their and try again.If scratched up even though they may play they won't copy get different disks.

Comment

Discs are fine, rentals from netflix and I put them in my Windows 7 Media computer and play with no issues. No visible scratches or marks and this is two separate discs and I tried re-cleaning to make sure.
      The reason I am asking if it could be a DRM issue as I just recently ran Spybot Beacon to kill some Microsoft spying stuff on the machine dealing with Window 10.

Comment

Read this before posting again: http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=122
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X