X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem burning DVD9 discs

Hi all. My first post.

I have been burning DVD5 single layers discs for a long time now with no problems. I just now decided to try to burn in DVD9 format using memorex dvd+r dl discs. Now I know this is not the best media and I'm wondering if its media itself giving me the problem?

Everytime I click start and I get the popup reading "detecting media in drive" and about after 45 seconds the pop up window reads "No media detected in drive. Please insert a compatible media to start write process"

I can write to dvd5 no problems, so could the media just be bad?

Sorry if my I left out needed info.

memorex dual layer burner
    windows vista ultimate 32-bit
    img burn engine
    dvdfab 6.2.0.5 (will be updating very soon)
    Last edited by deathcharge; 01-26-2010, 01:34 AM.

It probably is the media. Your burner and firmware are not recognizing the media which is probably Ritek D01 (aka crap) or some other crappy MID (media ID)
    You could have another problem, but this is most likely.
    Pick up some Verbatim +R DL media...preferably MIS (made in Singapore) as opposed to MII (made in India). Still the MII media is better than the crapshoot with Memorex.

If we had details about your burner and firmware we can give you more specific advice.
    I suspect your burner is a LiteOn or NEC, although it could be Pioneer, Hitachi, etc.

Probably the easiest way to post the info is to post a burn log from one of your dvd5 burns.
    VSO Inspector will yield some, but not all of the info.
    Nero CD-DVD Speed is the most comprehensive utility, but is no longer available as freeware from the author.
    You can, however, find v. 4.7.7.16 as freeware from some reputable sites. Just be careful and don't pay for it unless you purchase from the author, known now as Opti Drive Control. Frankly, I'd save the $24.95 and download the older Nero CD-DVD Speed app.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Are you copying in full movie mode or main movie? It's possible you don't have the right media selected in DVDFab since it's Fab complaining not your burning software. I've had this complaint before and for me it was the wrong settings. But maineman may be on the right track if you have an older DL writer. Some burners can't burn RITEK media properly.
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
      4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
      ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
      2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
      LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
      Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Working...
      X