won't open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

won't open

I have updated my version of DVDFab to 9310 but it won't open. I have uninstalled and re installed but still won't open I have windows 7. Can someone out there please help me out. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Don't think so but please help Thank you

Make sure that you are running dvdfab " as administrator "
    Might also try 9.3.1.1 beta - http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=29716
    Last edited by october262; 08-14-2016, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Please tell us more details for your problem and post the DVDFab internal log file, thanks?

DVDFab crashed when start up?

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

still not working

the thread you had me try didnt work. version 9310 is still not opening. I unistalled agian and re-installed NOT WORKING. please help. Using windows 7 was working before I updated great. now POP. very frustrated with program

Phyllis

Comment

Do a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and run a good registry cleaner
          and reinstall with a fresh Download of the dvdfab installer and reinstall dvdfab " as administrator "

Comment

still not working

attached files
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
              Do a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and run a good registry cleaner
              and reinstall with a fresh Download of the dvdfab installer and reinstall dvdfab " as administrator "

I have done many times and still not working. what is a good registry cleaner? never heard of that but I willing to learn

Thanks Phyllis

Comment

Here - http://www.piriform.com/products
                One other thing to check is your Antivirus / Spyware software
                As sometimes these can prevent dvdfab from opening & running.
                Last edited by october262; 09-03-2016, 02:44 AM.

Comment

Here is the link for the free version of cc cleaner for windows the free version is all you will need for this.Use the junk file cleaner this will get rid of all the junk files on your computer then on the left side you will see the registry cleaner it will scan your computer for junk that needs to be removed from it you will be asked if you want to save the junk it finds you can say no we all trust this program to remove only junk.

The program will update often so make sure you say up to date on the updates using this program daily will keep your computer running fast and smooth i recommend you do so daily but for this purpose once should do the trick.When scanning the registry do it a second or third time till it finds nothing so you know all junk files and conflicts are resolved.

Also your log says their was another app running and close so try just running Fab with no other apps running when downloading and opening the download.
                  Last edited by 3dman; 09-03-2016, 11:41 AM. Reason: Added info.

Comment

3dman7

I did everything you told me to do but still wont open. any other ideas

Comment

Hi Phyllis
                      Try this if you have installed CCleaner. Open CCleaner under advanced options check the box Old Prefetch Data and run the cleaner multiple times until nothing is found. Now run the registry cleaner option until nothing is found. There is no need to back up data using the registry feature just click fix all.
                      Now download the latest version of Fab and save it to your download folder, try disabling your anti virus, next open the download folder and right click the .exe installer and chose install as administrator.
                      If this should still fail something else is blocking Fab from installing.
                      Hope this helps
                      CBR929

PS. make sure that you have the latest Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset drivers installed from your manufactures website.
                      Last edited by CBR929; 09-03-2016, 04:46 PM.
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

To add one more step to the above after you use cc cleaner restart computer then download Fab from Fabs front page and run as administrator.

If all this doesn't work as a last resort go back in time with windows restore to a restore date before you had this problem and all should work as before.Update all security programs.software and any files made from the restore date to present.Did you add any new programs to your hard drive prior to having trouble installing the Fab version you are having trouble with?
                        If windows restore doesn't work you can go back to present date and all will be the same so this does no harm.

Sometimes a restart after using cc cleaner will work so give it a try.

Comment

still not working

I have tried all the things you guys have told me and still not opening. I dont have a restore date that I can find but I'm still working on it any other ideas?

also I have sent message to support. This makes me feel like I'm stupid

Comment

Do you know how to use system restore? Their should be recent and distant restore dates windows puts them in automatically every so often.
                            The only other thing I can think of is a remote takeover of your computer as a last resort.

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil911 View Post
                              I have tried all the things you guys have told me and still not opening. I dont have a restore date that I can find but I'm still working on it any other ideas?

also I have sent message to support. This makes me feel like I'm stupid
                              Do you know what the specs are for your computer by chance ?
                              And have you tried installing dvdfab into a different folder ?
                              Last edited by october262; 09-04-2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X