This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB and IMG layer break?

I tried burning a movie on a DL verbatim, I got the layer break message and I have no idea what I am supposed to do? This is the first time I tried a DL disk and I don't know what i am to do with the disk or program when the layer break is showing on the screen.
    I searched the forum and i can't find an answer?
    Please help.
    I have vista ultimate, sony (optiarc) dvd writer, the newest DVDFAB (paid version) with IMG as the writer.
    Thanks

Img will populate a list of "recommended" layer breaks.
    They are color-coded from excellent on down to assist in your decision-making.
    Any of the locations should work just fine.
    I've never had a bad layer break when selected from the recommended list.

You can also "preview" the cell to see exactly where in the movie the layer break will occur.
    Just pick one and give it a shot.
    Let us know how you make out
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

This may seem like a dumb question but are the verbatim DL DVD's to be written on both sides of the disk? Ie- when it reaches the break do I turn the disk over? and does the program tell me when to turn it?
      Thanks for your help.

Comment

No, don't flip and no, it's not a dumb question.
        Virtually all burners (please, for those purists, note I qualified this with virtually) write from the inside out. The second layer writes from the outside back toward the center spindle area.

For all practical purposes, both layers are always on the same side re: blank media

Now, there are original flipper discs out there and there is such a thing as blank 2-sided blank media, but honestly I've never seen 'em.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
        X