9.3.1.6 Won't even open/run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.3.1.6 Won't even open/run

Just updated to 9.3.1.6 and I can't use it at all.. it won't even start up/run.. every time I try to launch it, I get this error screen: I get the same error message popup when just trying to install the new version too.. at the end of the install process, that same error screen pops up.

I am running Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, and yes, as Admin... my 9312 version was working fine a couple weeks ago.. nothing has changed on my computer.. all I did was update to 9316, and now it won't even start up, I get the error that is attached below:
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-27-2016, 06:43 PM.

is there a download link to where I can download 9.3.1.2 so I can get back to a version that actually works?? Thanks!

Comment

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.
      Also check your Antivirus / Spyware software
      To see if they aren't blocking dvdfab from starting.
      Might also try doing a clean Uninstall of dvdfab and
      run a good registry cleaner and reinstall dvdfab.

Comment

don't think the logs will show you much, since they only show the last successful launch of 9312 from today before I updated.. but here ya go.. logs are attached...
        Attached Files

Comment

uninstalled dvdfab.. cleaned registry of all dvdfab entries.. rebooted PC.. reinstalled dvdfab 9316, and no good.. I get that same error at the end of the install process.. and then when I try to run it, I still get the same exact issue/error.
          Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-27-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Did you download a fresh installer?
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

yes.. fresh full installer from the site..

Comment

9.3.1.2 ran perfectly fine with no issues.. and there have been no changes to my computer.. only change was trying to install/update to 9.3.1.6, so this is obviously an issue with the new version.

Is there somewhere I can download 9.3.1.2 installer?? at least I can reinstall that for now and have something that works...

Thanks!

Comment

try restoring your computer back to an earlier time.

Comment

did.. doesn't make any difference.. same issue/error.. and shouldn't matter anyway, nothing on my PC has changed.. (I don't allow windows automatic updates, etc.. I run a very lean/clean PC)... 9316 is the issue/problem here, since my PC is exactly the same as it has been before, when 9312 was running perfectly fine. it's not a PC issue..

Comment

I run Windows 7 Pro x64 and 9.3.1.6 runs fine here so I find it hard to blame the software for your issue. You should make a folder and save installers for when you want to roll back a version or two.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

yeah, realize that now.. the last few updates I did, I just did it via the dvdfab updater.. I should have downloaded the damn full installers so I have them..

is there a link to 9312 somewhere???

Comment

your computer really should have all the latest security updates & patches.
                          did you try disabling your antivirus/spyware software ??
                          Last edited by october262; 09-27-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

it is, don't worry.. I didn't say that I have never run updates.. I just don't let windows do it automatically.. I do it when I want, so I can go through the list and check what every update is for and if it's necessary.. I only install the "Important" updates...

my point being, is that my computer has not changed since the last time I ran dvdfab 9312... it ran/worked perfectly.. no updates, nothing changed on my computer since I just tried to install and run 9316, and 9316 does not run at all..
                            Last edited by 06MonteSS; 09-27-2016, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Download it from here file was scanned for viruses before uploading so don't worry if you get a can't scan for virus message the files directly from the fab servers.https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By...mVsbkwyR0hTS0E

Comment

Working...
                              X