DVDFab v9.3.1.7 DVD Rip or Copy crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab v9.3.1.7 DVD Rip or Copy crash

I have been having this issue for awhile, across several different versions of DVDFab. It doesn't happen all the time, that is the part that has me scratching my head trying to figure if it is software, hardware or maybe combination of the two.

When I am ripping a DVD, the program will crash and I will get a message that states: USB devise not recognized. The last USB devise you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it. I try to copy the same disc and receive Task_1 failed! Error=102. Sometimes restarting the computer fixes the issue, but other times it does not. Can someone help me resolve the issue? I have been using DVDFab since v3, it only has started to do this in the past 12-16 months, and it is not all the time. I can put in a disc, have an issue and put in a different disc right after it and it will copy just fine. Sometimes I'll put the first disc back in right after the second and again no issues.

I've attached the two jpg screen shots and the crash file from the rip. The copy I do not get a crash report, I just get the error message.
    Attached Files

I guess it's a hardware problem, since DVDFab writes output data as quick as possible, maybe the usb drive is not working correctly.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

When this happens check to see if windows see's your dvd drive if windows doesn't see the drive Fab can't.Try plugging into another USB plug on the computer and check for loose wire or use different UBS wire from drive to computer as they go bad sometimes the ends of the plug get damaged.
      You can also uninstall the dvd drive from device manger then restart computer and windows will grab new device drivers for the dvd drive and that helps sometimes.

Comment

it may not hurt to also check and see if the dvd drive has
        the latest firmware update.

Comment

I may be wrong but, I don't think you can update firmware on a usb optical drive.
          Originally posted by october262 View Post
          it may not hurt to also check and see if the dvd drive has
          the latest firmware update.
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes it's very common for drives companys to update all dvd and blu ray drives firmware internal or external.

Comment

All of these makes quite a bit of sense. My guess would be the cord, mostly the USB connection from the DVD unit.

Any suggestions on where to buy a replacement cord. The connection into the unit looks like two boxes, with the top one being a bit smaller and at the bottom of the smaller box is 5 pins. I'm have a brain cramp right now, I cannot think of what this cord is called.

Comment

Try uninstalling the drive first then restart computer this can be a windows thing very common also.Try Best buy look on their internet page to save a trip their if not go to drives manufacturers internet page and order one from them.

Comment

If it looks like this it's called a super speed cable, I get them at Newegg less than $10US.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 90312; 10-19-2016, 07:11 PM.
                  How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                  Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                  X