This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab Shuts Down Computer While Burning

I have been using DVDFab for a few weeks now and it has worked great until a few days ago. Just a few days ago I was attempting to burn Presumed Innocent and suddenly the computer shut down while burning. The computer was fully charged and was not going into standby or anything of that sort. Since then I have attempted to burn Marathon Man, Malcolm X (5 times!), and Boondock Saints and every time DVDFab shuts the computer down in the middle of burning. This only occurs while DVDFab is running, the computer never shuts down on its own. It is always plugged in as well.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Does anyone know any solution to this problem? Today I uninstalled DVDFab and reinstalled it from online, but it still shut down mid-burning.

Hi ipull4usc and welcome,

Could be any number of things, but my first guess without knowing any details is that your lappie is over-heating.
    Do you receive any error reports? Anything in Windows Dump File?
    Are the fans free of dust, etc.,?
    Are you able to monitor temps?

Please take a look at the sticky Help Us Help You (link below in my sig) and post back with additional details.
    Thanks
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I am having the exact same problem, but only with DVD to Mobile
      DVD to DVD works perfect
      Any suggestions other than what is already listed?

Comment

Originally posted by thehampsons View Post
        DVD to DVD works perfect
        Yes start a thread in the DVD to Mobile sub forum if you want any help. Also do not post in another members help thread unless you plan to help them with their problem

Comment

It is most probably overheating again if it is a laptop. DVD to Mobile is very processor intensive and most laptops are just not made for this sort of thrashing.

Also, instead of doing it direct from the disk as this is also another source of overheating use the procedures outlined in my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread. Link is below in my sig.

Also, as AGJ said, start your own thread in the correct area, do not hijack other peoples threads.

Originally posted by thehampsons View Post
          DVD to DVD works perfect
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X