Can't run 9.3.1.9 or 9.3.2.0 beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't run 9.3.1.9 or 9.3.2.0 beta

Both 9.3.1.9 and 9.3.2.0 Beta seem to install normally, but neither run.

After a few seconds of disk activity, nothing.

9.2.2.3 installs and functions perfectly.

Doesn't run as administrator either.

Turning off AV doesn't help either.

Any suggestions?

Please post the dvdfab internal log files.

Comment

I had the same problem what I had to do is uninstall dvdfab 9 then run a good registry cleaner. now this is the bad part but it works on my bitdefender turn off the firewall click on the program to run as a administrator to install it will ask you to restart go ahead and restart the computer. my bitdefender turns the firewall back on at restart so I have to go back and turn it off then click on dvdfab and run as a administrator and activate your dvdfab once that is all done turn back on your firewall. I have had bitdefender since 2006 and never had this problem till after dvdfab 9312 also but by doing the install this way 9319 & 9320 both work for me

Comment

Roadtrip: Can't you just add Fab to the firewall exceptions to allow it?
        This worked before.
        Gud4uo: check to see whatever security program you use also allows fab in firewall settings.
        Last edited by 3dman; 11-04-2016, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I tried that with 9319 9320 & all of 10 it would not work. but once I tuned off betdfender to install it works. like I said I had bitdefender since 2006 and no problem with any dvdfab up to 9312 that's when I started have the problem I look at the logs it was not letting dvdfab connect on the internet

Comment

I think their are 2 different Fab files to make sure bit defender allows so check the log to allow 2 different fab folders i can't remember their names.

Comment

Here's the two files to make sure bit defender works in fab from the sticky note posted should you do this and it still not work lets us know please.

.Bitdefender Internet Security...

for some reason it interferes with fabcore.exe so that it keeps increasing in memory usage untill it caps at a certain level and then stalls....no need to uninstall Bitdefender though..... just go into settings/Exclusions/Excluded Processes and add dvdfab.exe and fabcore.exe.....worked a treat and all is well :-) Please to any of the moderators or any person that can.....add this information to the actual dvdfab main website or somewhere very prominent in the forum (front page thread or something like that) so that another unfortunate individual like me does not have to spend day after day trying to solve this issue....once again thank you bobmitch

Comment

Working...
              X