x-men apocalypse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you have set for dvd -9 size ??
    Click common settings - drives - dvd write.
    There's a pull down menu for more settings.

Comment

Micky:From your burn file you posted, you used drive D this shows as a Samsung burner with 7 year old firmware on it see screen shot your firmware is in the box in red their are 2 newer versions with the newest on top.

1:1:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223L SB02 [D]
      Attached Files

Comment

x-men apocalypse

hi 3dman7.
        thanks for that that was my fault I change the drive to see if my normal drive that I use was playing about, but it made no difference.
        my drive speed is set to recommended will drop it to 8x to see what happens.
        regards,
        mickey

Comment

x-men apocalypse

hi all,
          have just tried to copy this again but at a lower drive speed (6x) same fault pixelated screen unplayable.
          there must be sum form of protection on this dvd ?
          regards,
          mickey.
          Attached Files

Comment

try doing a clean uninstall of dvdfab, run a good registry cleaner restart computer and reinstall
            dvdfab with a fresh download of the installer and reinstall dvdfab ( as administrator ) retry your
            discs again.

Comment

Mickey: A easy way to tell is to put the disk on your hard drive first then play with a software player if that works then we know its a burn issue.

Also check your other drives for firmware updates as they include support for new brands of blank disks.This means the drive maker tested the disk with their drive and many drive makers list the tested blank disks with the drive and can be seen at the company's web sight in most cases.

Also from time to time you get a spindle of defected disks this is a quality control matter.If you use the img burn burner free on the internet you get a very good every step of the way detailed log file and it has a lot of info we could use to trouble shoot this more after trying with software player first.Img burn also has setting to to a test burn and adjust laser power to the brand of disks you use so that also can help if you use this burner.Try the software player first.

Comment

x-men apocalypse

hi 3dman7,
                have placed the dvd in the computer dvd drive pressed play and ran the dvd on playback the picture keeps kicking to the right like there's a frame missing so it loos like there is a fault in the production of the dvd it does this on another dvd (the boss) to, to check that it was the dvds not the drive play them on another two dvd drives that I have with the same outcome a slight kick to the right like a frame keeps catching, then tried a dvd that copied ok and it ran smooth.
                ran both dvds in a stand alone player they ran ok .
                it seams that there is a slight production fault on these two dvds.
                regards,
                mickey

Comment

Seems with your new log posted burn speeds for the disks used are:
                  Available write speed: 6x ,4x ,2.4x
                  So 6x may be to fast try 2.4x
                  Also still using old firmware on the drive you burned with you should update this first sometimes this makes all the difference as explained in a earlier post should you need help in doing this just ask.

Comment

What software player are you using? try the free version of Fab media player or VSO player.Their were no read errors on your internal logs posted if you want to test the disks for errors download VSO inspector it a free program to check for disk errors and file error's to use it just put the disk in the drive play with software player then put in still mode then run VSO inspector do a surface scan and file check it takes awhile then gives you a whole report on any bad sectors or errors on the disk.download it here:
                    Editing software, video burning, DVD, Bluray, WebM,... and video downloading from the internet. Custom your own videos menu!

I would update firmware on all your drives first it's easy just download the update from the link I gave you or go to the drives internet sight download the update install it and your good to go some come with read me files to see what was updated.The Samsung drive your burning with is using 7 year old firmware and needs updating regardless of this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey View Post
                      hi 3dman7,
                      have placed the dvd in the computer dvd drive pressed play and ran the dvd on playback the picture keeps kicking to the right like there's a frame missing so it loos like there is a fault in the production of the dvd it does this on another dvd (the boss) to, to check that it was the dvds not the drive play them on another two dvd drives that I have with the same outcome a slight kick to the right like a frame keeps catching, then tried a dvd that copied ok and it ran smooth.
                      ran both dvds in a stand alone player they ran ok .
                      it seams that there is a slight production fault on these two dvds.
                      regards,
                      mickey
                      If the discs are defective just return to the store and exchange them
                      There's no sense in wasting expensive blank disc's.

Comment

x-men apocalypse

hi 3dman7.
                        thanks for your help, I have never updated firmware before and am a bit apprehensive about doing this have been on the firmware site and see that the date of the firmware is 2009 is this the write one ?.
                        if so what next do you just run it on the computer or do you have to load it on a cd and run it in the drive?
                        sorry about this but I do not want to muck up my drive.
                        any help you can give would be appreciated.
                        regards.
                        mickey

Comment

On your lite on drive download smartpack a tiny updater program that will check to see if you have the latest firmware and get it for you if you need new firmware click on firmware when you go their,Top burn speed for this drive is 6x so slow it down to 4x http://www.liteonodd.com/en/dvd-exte...ternal/ebau108

On the Samsung download the (SB 4) firmware run it after download get it here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._SB04.exe.html
                          This one is using the 7 year old firmware.The blank media speed was 6x slow it down to 4x or Slower if using real cheap media such as Ritec-ri data or Memorex blank disks.

On other Matshita drive depends on if in a Sony computer go to Sony if not go to Matshita (Panasonic) internet sight sight and look for firmware their.
                          General flashing firmware advice:
                          DO NOT cancel a update during updating or loose power those are the ways you loose the drive during updating.Some sights give full instructions on how to do this some will differ also don't do anything else at the same time on the computer till the update is done sometimes a restart is needed.

Comment

Working...
                          X