Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab stops responding after opening DVD

Description

1) Insert a DVD in disc drive (only certain DVDs cause this issue)
    2) Open DVD Fab as administrator
    3) DVD Fab shows the "Open DVD source F:\[...]" dialog
    4) Dialog disappears
    5) DVD Fab is now unresponsive and if I click on the window, Windows asks whether I want to close the program or wait for it to respond (waiting doesn't seem to fix it)

As I've said, this doesn't happen for maybe half the discs that I put in right now - but the other half seem to reliably replicate this issue. I don't think the discs are damaged. This issue also occurs if I insert the DVD whilst DVD Fab is open.

This is on Windows 10, with a iHAS124 DVD drive.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kelnage; 11-10-2016, 03:34 PM.

Does your Internet provider use some sort of Internet Protection program ?? And what antivirus software do you use ??

Comment

Go into Fab settings for dvds try turning pathplayer off for the episode disks turn back on when done.

Comment

Anti-virus: Sophos - not seeing any alerts or notifications from it. No "Internet Protection" or similar on my ISP AFAIK - and seeing as the fault is intermittent, I don't think it'll be that.

I've tried disabling pathplayer (as I thought it could be the problem also) but it didn't fix the problem.

Comment

Delete Fab with control panel use the free version of CC cleaner clean old files and registry then download a fresh installer from Fabs. front page and install as administrator.

Comment

Completely uninstalled DVD Fab via Control Panel, used CC Cleaner to clear up any left over files, reinstalled the latest version of DVD Fab from the site - but still getting the same problem with the same discs.

Comment

Download version 8 of fab here it will go into its own folder now try those problem disks if they work let me know then staff may ask you for some files from the disk may be a server problem.

Comment

Working...
              X