X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

to 90312, wilson.wang

snapshot for ver9 and ver10
    settings for BOTH versions:> dvd5

ver 10 seems to fail to compress the file.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sireast; 06-30-2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

and this is the reason why I still use ver9 to burn to dvd5, instead of ver10.

3dman7: tried both ver 10028 and 10029. same results.
      Last edited by sireast; 03-22-2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Maybe it's a matter of sequence? You must select DVD-5 just after selecting the source and before making the backup (clicking start), this sets the amount of compression Fab applies to the original. See attached:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by 90312; 03-22-2017, 08:38 AM.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I've done that....
          there are just some titles that wont compress to dvd5.
          dvdfab has to investigate, the cause. maybe a bug that they have not encountered?
          anyway, I hope the fab staff gets to read this thread and conduct a thorough review of the situation and
          apply a fix in the future release.
          Last edited by sireast; 03-22-2017, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Did you happen to try main movie to see if it will work?

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
              I've done that....
              there are just some titles that wont compress to dvd5.
              dvdfab has to investigate, the cause. maybe a bug that they have not encountered?
              anyway, I hope the fab staff gets to read this thread and conduct a thorough review of the situation and
              apply a fix in the future release.
              Try clicking common settings - drives - dvd write - writable media - dvd-5 size - customize - enter 4464 mb. Retry the disc again.
              Last edited by october262; 03-22-2017, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Anyway, we will get the disc and check it.

Please also post the new full log file here.

btw, is it OK to get from amazon.com?

Wilson
                Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 03-23-2017, 02:53 AM.
                Please post your logs the default location is:
                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                  Try clicking common settings - drives - dvd write - writable media - dvd-5 size - customize - enter 4464 mb. Retry the disc again.
                  The default 4300 is OK.

Maybe it's caused by the set size. The size of DVD-R is 4488 MB, DVDFab will ask the DVD9 blank disc if you set the DVD5 size > 4488.

Wilson
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 03-23-2017, 02:35 AM.
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

FYI, running DVDFab 100209, I have encountered a different issue with the The 9th Life of Louis Drax dvd.

Under the Full Disc Copy feature and converted to dvd5 iso, it would complete the process successfully, but the result iso won't play the movie chapter in VLC or other media players. The iso file shows 4.2 GB but the specific chapter (16 or 17) shows no time length and is apparently hidden.

When processed again under the Main Movie Copy feature, it worked and the result iso chapter plays normally.

Comment

It will be helpful if you posted both internal log files for full disk and main movie.Also try it in the free version of Fab media player to see if it will play correct.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
                        It will be helpful if you posted both internal log files for full disk and main movie.Also try it in the free version of Fab media player to see if it will play correct.
                        OK see attached. I think this includes both full disc and main movie logs.

I tried the Fab media player and it plays the main movie vso fine, but not the full disc vso.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

We get the disc and the DVDFab copied fulldisc result is played back well on PowerDVD.

Would you please slow down the burning speed and try again?

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                          X