This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failure to Finalize - Process Failed

I am experiencing two problems since changing to Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The first appears to be a failure to close or finalize a disk. The reason I say this is because a disk burned in one drive with Windows 7 File Explorer or DVDFab will only playback in that drive.

The other problem is that DVDFab gives me a "Process Failed" error when finishing the finalize operation, just before it begins to verify a disk. This happens with either drive. I am trying to record in split mode, so I can never get to the point where DVDFab begins to burn the second disk.

This never happened with Windows XP SP-3. Has anyone ever heard of this before? There are no errors I could find in the DVDFab logs, so I don't know what to do at this time.

Congratulations on the new forum. It's super nice and very user friendly.
    Regards,

Fred Chateau

Yon don't say what burner you are using.
    If it is not imgburn then download imgburn and use it to burn the disc.
    The vso burner in fab has been problematic for many people for a long time.

Also turn of the verify feature. This also has been known to cause problems and the best way to verify a disc is to put it in a dvd player and see if it works.

Comment

Like Gruñón said use ImgBurn and here is link for that and also watch the youtube video to get it working with DVDFab. Link below

Also can you post the info listed below as a post reply to this thread

Help Us Help You

If you are posting about an operational problem with one of the DVDFab products, you will improve the speed and accuracy of the response by providing some information in the very first post that will probably be needed.

First, make note of any error codes or messages that appear in popup boxes and put them in your post. Information on error codes that appear in the DVDFab UI are captured in one of the logs we request below.

DVDFab keeps logs of its activities that supply basic system information and can help pinpoint where and when an error happened and help pinpoint the cause. The default location for these logs on most Windows systems is:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

The logs are simple text files that can be opened with Windows Notepad if you want to read them. If the size exceeds the forum’s attachment size limit, you may need to delete older entries or copy and paste the relevant ones into a new file. The log files can be attached to a post using the "Manage Attachments" button below the editing box.

dvdfab_burn_vso.log Attach for all problems. The entries are time stamped with the most recent at the top.

dvdfab_burn_imgburn.log Attach if you have ImgBurn set as the burning engine and the problem concerns disc burning. Time stamped with the most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_process.log Attach if DVDFab crashes and the crash report window does not come up or complete correctly or if internal error codes appear in the DVDFab window (“Task Failed…”). Time stamped, most recent at the bottom.

dvdfab_internal.log Attach for all problems. Time stamped, most recent at the bottom. Please edit to include only the most recent or relevant log session.

Other Information:

Depending on the nature of the problem, it can help to know:
      If this happens with all discs or just one
      Your operating system/CPU/memory configuration
      If you are using external hard drives or optical drives
      If you have made any recent changes to your OS or system hardware
      If you have other DVD or BD software installed, particularly if recently added.

Posts with all the requested information will be answered first.

Comment

Agree with Gruñón and AGJ 100%
        You may be able to salvage the "unfinalized" discs.
        Generally the failed verification error with VSO doesn't cause any playback issues, unlike the failed finalization.

To force finalization with VSO, you can do the following
        (it looks complicated, but it literally takes just seconds):

DVDFab Finalize a disc

Right click on the Fab Icon >
        Left click Properties >
        Left click Find Target >
        Left click PcSetup.exe >
        Left click on the + in front of Patin-Couffin driver >
        Now left click once to select your burner >
        Right click on the selected burner >
        Navigate to the bottom of the dropdown to Finalize the media

There is also a method to finalize a disc with Img.
        ImgBurn > Tools > Drive > Close Track / Session / Disc.Put the disc in your drive, open Img,
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hey, I fixed it!

For the benefit of those who might have the same problem, it was a setting in the BIOS: SATA Spread Spectrum

The other two Spread Spectrum settings were disabled by default but the SATA one was enabled.

You almost NEVER need Spread Spectrum settings enabled. All it does is reduce the digital noise coming from the motherboard busses. By noise, I mean radio spectrum interference, not audible noise. The settings are there to comply with government regulations in various countries, where the radio interference from electronic equipment is tightly controlled.

Disabling Spread Spectrum does not reduce the performance of your computer. In fact, the opposite is true. It may help improve performance, as it did with the SATA bus in this case.
          Regards,

Fred Chateau

Comment

Congrats and thanks for posting back with your fix.
            So did this fix the finalize problem, the verify problem or both?

Were you able to force finaliation of the previous discs?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

There is no right click menu on the Fab icon that I could find. I clicked on the monkey, and just about every other icon in the window. The only thing I could find was a Customise menu selection, which opened the Options settings window.

I did not try verifying the disk. I had disabled that option earlier, per instructions here, but I could see the Finalize bar on the bottom of the window go from 0% to 100%, which it was not doing previously. Earlier, it had been dropping out at about 10%, and displaying the "Process Failed" error.
              Regards,

Fred Chateau

Comment

Apologies...I was lazy and just c&p'd from my old XP scenario.
                I just tried it with Win7 Pro 64-bit (essentially the same os as you without bitlocker).

Anyway, right click on the icon
                Here I see DVDfab6 and unpin this program from taskbar.
                Right click on DVDFab 6 > Left click properties > Left click open file location. From here it should be the same.

Better yet, if you know you way around at all, and you surely do,
                just navigate to Fab 6 in your program files and left click on PcSetup.exe and continue.

I'll redo the Finalize instructions.
                Thanks again for the feedback and catching my mistake

Comment

Working...
                X