This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not burn single layer DVD Media

I have been a user of DVDFab for a while now and have not had any problems burning single layer media when the movie is under 4.7 gig, and using double layer media when the movie is over 4.7 gig.

I just (today) upgraded to DVDFab 6.2.1.8, and now It wont let me burn single layer media when the movie is under 4.7 gig.

It tells me the disc is single layer and to insert double layer media.

I went back to other dvd's I have burned under previous versions on single layer media, and it's now telling me to inset double layer media.

if this can not be fixed, how do I downgrade to a previous version that will allow me to burn single layer media again ?

any assistance would be appreciated.
    Last edited by bind; 01-29-2010, 09:57 PM.

Perhaps your settings were not retained with the update.
    Please check that your Target size is DVD5 and not DVD9.
    In Common Settings, also check that in DVD to DVD, your Default output size is DVD5.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

no that is not the issue.

My target quality has always been uncompressed dvd9 for the highest quality.

I do not mind using double layer media, but its more expensive, so i use single layer when possible for the shorter lower file-size movies.

What I am getting at here is I know for a fact that the movies in question will fit on single layer DVD media using DVD9 quality option and the DVDFab application is not allowing it for some unknown reason.

-------------------------------------------------
      EDIT

ok i fixed it.

the problem was with copying the entire dvd to hard drive then attempting to burn from the file only the parts I wanted instead of the whole thing - i think the dvdFab program is not taking into account the selections and figuring for file size changes in removing subpicture and extra commentary lowering the overall burn size.

I deleted the whole thing, then made the choices before the copy to hard drive, so only the choices I wanted was saved to the hard drive, then it allowed me to burn because the chosen items only existed and not the entire dvd contents.

I am not sure if this is a bug in the application or functionality-by-design, but it did not function in this manner previous to the updated version (for me), however in previous versions this issue did not exist for me. I could copy the entire dvd to hard drive and choose the items i wanted to burn and the application accounted for that in allowing me to use single layer media when the burn size was able to be placed on single layer, but now it seems i must choose those items prior to saving to hard drive to get dvdfab to allow the burn on single layer media.

its almost like the application is not recognizing the lower burn size in the part that decides whether you need single or double layer media when the entire disc is saved to hard drive instead of only the selected sections are saved to the hard drive.

anyways it works - i just ahve to choose before I save it to hard drive.

thanks for a great product
      Last edited by bind; 01-29-2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X