This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dvdtodvd

I am trying to copy my full movie onto a 4.7 gb disk single layer. when fab finishes copying the movie and it goes to img to burn the movie it says there is not enough space on the dvd disk. How do i burn full movie with single layer disks. i am using verbatum disks. is there a setting i have to change to make this work. i am using version 6.2.18 trial. i am using write speed of 6x with img to burn the dvd.
    Last edited by LORETTA; 01-31-2010, 02:07 AM.

The default size for DVD5 may be too big. Click the green check mark and go down to "WRITE" and see if the size exceeds 4472MB if it does select customize and set it to 4472MB and give it a try.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      The default size for DVD5 may be too big. Click the green check mark and go down to "WRITE" and see if the size exceeds 4472MB if it does select customize and set it to 4472MB and give it a try.
      i did what you said and the dvd-5 writable media is set to 4300 i don't know if it matters but i am using verbabim + dvd's.

Comment

Make sure that ypu are selecting DVD5 in the bottom centre of the Fab window.

You can make this the default by changing it in the Fab "Settings" page.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

it is set to dvd5 in the bottom of the fab window. i also checked in common settings dvdtodvd and the default is set to dvd5
          Last edited by LORETTA; 01-31-2010, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Please take a look on your hdd and tell us how large the files are...
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

i see that the files on the dvd are larger than the blank disk of 4.7gb. do they sell larger blank single layer dvd's or do i have to buy dl blank dvd's. i have no problem burning the main movie but i would like to burn the entire dvd.

Comment

Your said you are using the trial version.
                How long have you been using it?
                Has the 30 day trial expired?

No you can not buy single layer dvds lager that 4.7 gb.

Comment

It has not been longer than 30days. do dl blank dvds have more than 4.7gb on them

Comment

Something's amiss.
                    You either have a configuration problem in Fab or Fab is stumbling and not handling the flick.

Exactly what size are the files on your hdd?
                    Did you change the default size for DVD5 to 4472 MB as suggested by 90312?
                    Could you post a screenshot of Fab's opening screen and the next screen just prior to hitting start?

Keep in mind that you're dealing with two different systems to measure file size.
                    Your pc, windows, etc., will use binary measurement...log base 2;
                    whereas the blank disc manufacturer will use the decimal system or log base 10 and this will artificially inflate the size.

Stated another way, your 4.7 GB disc is in reality, only a 4.38 GB disc.
                    So if Fab says the file size is say 4.6 GB...it still won't fit on a 4.38 GB (DVD5) blank disc

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I keep forgetting to ask, what's the title of the movie?

Comment

I get the feeling that we are missing something simple here.

@loretta.

Please press the "Help, About" button and tell us what the status of Fab is or better still attach a screenshot.
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          I get the feeling that we are missing something simple here.
                          No doubt...I frequently can't see the forest for the trees.
                          Just ask the wife...

Comment

Working...
                          X