Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with DVDFAB 6 and "THE CIVIL WAR" (ken burns)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with DVDFAB 6 and "THE CIVIL WAR" (ken burns)

Sorry this is kinda long but wanted to get the full monty out to avoid multiple threads with single questions asking for more info LOL hopefully I have covered everything.

I recently switched to DVDFAB 6 because my old program was no longer being updated or supported. I have to say I LOVE it! but I have run into a snag.

I have not had ANY issues with any movies or TV series until I bought a copy of "THE CIVIL WAR" series by Ken Burns. it is an awesome series if you haven't seen it. The DVD runs on my laptop without issue. but when I try to rip it (DVD to DVD - movie only") the program crashes with no error code that I can see. It not only crashes but bluescreens my Laptop LOL! I am 90% certain it is video related since the screen video goes all haywire before the OS bluescreen.

Normally I use DVDFAB to rip the DVD and then use AutoGK to encode to DVIX for my media drive. So far the only issue I have had is with a frame rate issue with STAR TREK 2009 (subject of a separate later thread).

What is specifically happening is this: I load the DVD, start DVDFAB, pic the region, and it starts to "analyze the DVD" shortly after that happens I get a message from WIndows that says "DVDFAB is the all-in-one software package for copying blu-ray/dvd and converting video file. has stopped working a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

when I click "close program" it closes, video goes crazy and blue screen ensues.

I have an alienware M17x Quad core, ATI crossfire 2GB video, 8GB RAM runing WIndows 7 64bit ultimate.

so far THE CIVIL WAR is the ONLY thing I have had this issue with.

RDJ, make sure when you run DVD Fab you run as administrator. If that doesn't work then reinstall your version of DVD Fab and right click when you install and run as administrator. Hope this helps.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

CBR - Thanks for the suggestion but it is a no go. Tried it with the same results. I really don't think it is an OS issue since DVDFAB has ripped 20 movies, and the Horatio Hornblower mini series with no issues. it is JUST this one mini series. I did notice that there has been an update to the program so will download that and see if it makes a difference.

Comment

I just tried it with one of my Civil War disks and it worked fine in both Full Disk and Movie Only modes. Running V6.2.1.8beta
        Is the set you bought new or 2nd Hand?? Damaged disk may be your problem...

Comment

Is it still giving you the message the program stops responding? Also try turning path player off if its on and on if its off. Topdog V6.2.1.8 is not beta it's an official release.
          Last edited by CBR929; 02-04-2010, 02:27 AM. Reason: text
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Disks are brand new and it happens on ALL the disks. I may get the dumbass of the year award. I thought I had the latest version but it is way out of date LOL! am downloading the newest version now will post up the results of new test soon.

Comment

CBR929, you're so right. I stand corrected and I am running 6.2.2.0

RDJ, That would probably explain a lot...

Comment

Do not rely on the autoupdate feature. Keep up to date with all beta releases which are listed on this forum.

Autoupdate does not tell you about the new betas.

Originally posted by RDJ View Post
                Disks are brand new and it happens on ALL the disks. I may get the dumbass of the year award. I thought I had the latest version but it is way out of date LOL! am downloading the newest version now will post up the results of new test soon.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X