• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Insert Double Layer Media

DVD to DVD - Full Disk
    Check Copy DVD Video
    Check Remove Annoying PGC's

Select DVD5 -- Quality 70% (6976 MB --> 4920 MB)

Click Start

Detecting writable media in drive F:
    Media inserted in drive F: is single layer.
    Please insert a double layer media to start the write process.

Why do you suppose this is happening?
    Regards,

Fred Chateau

Make sure in DVDFab settings under write DVD is set to 4300 MB
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Agree with Johan.
      You've probably figured it out by now, but a file size of 4920 MB will not fit on a dvd5.
      As Johan suggested, 4300 MB is a safe starting point.

If you're using top quality media, you should be able to push this up towards the recommended, upper limit of about 4472 MB.
      I use 4460 MB myself and burn to YUDEN000 T02 almost exclusively and never encounter a problem.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks.

It seems there used to be a setting for 4472 in the Write size selector, which I used to use. I was confusing it with the 4920 I see in the current version. I wonder why they changed that.
        Regards,

Fred Chateau

Comment

Hi again Fred,

Still stuck at work and when I got back and checked, I see I missed you.
          You have the option to customize the file size.
          Just select customize on the dropdown and enter 4472 MB if that's what you want for a max target size for dvd5.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I'm having the same problems, and I have set everything to DVD5 4300 for DVD to DVD for single layer disc. It still kicks out the disc and asks for a Dual Layer. Nothing has worked and I'm extremely frustated! Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
            Kim

Comment

Kim, are you using paid version of Fab or free? If using the free version I think you can only do full disc backup no compression so that would explain the dual layer message.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I'm have the paid version.

Comment

Does the burning engine have anything to do with it? I have it set on VSO.

Comment

Kim open up Fab green check on top go to DVD/ blueray/write / DVD writable media and set to 4472 click OK also on that same page go to DVD to DVD / default output size click DVD 5 click OK. Hope this helps.
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X