This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking for dual layer disc

I have the paid version of DVD to DVD which is set on dvd5, write speed (recommended), size (4300), write type (auto). I have done everything that has been suggested in other threads, but it still says I have a single layer disc inserted, kicks out the disc and asks for a dual layer disc. I had burned a couple of discs before but since I switched to the paid version, I keep getting the dual layer message.

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
    Kim

At the bottom of the main page about in the middle you will see quality, make sure you have dvd5 selected and not dvd9
    Paid Not To Work
    US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
    Proudly Served On
    USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
    6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
      At the bottom of the main page about in the middle you will see quality, make sure you have dvd5 selected and not dvd9
      Hi Jimbo, I have output size set to dvd5.

Comment

I'm not sure where to go from here are there any other suggestions?

Comment

Hi Kim sorry your having such a hard time. When copying are you copying full disc or main movie only?
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Try setting the write size to 4472 instead of 4300 and give that a shot also I wouldn't use the recommended write speed unless you are using ImgBurn
            Paid Not To Work
            Proudly Served On
            USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)

Comment

Yup, sorry to hear of your trouble.
              In addition to CB's ?...one more.

Please navigate to the ripped files on your hdd, what's the file size?
              You're probably going to have to increase your max target size for dvd5...up towards 4472 MB if you've got good quality media

// Edit

Hey Jimbo, didn't spot you in time
              How's the desert rat these days? or is it the turtle brigade commander now...
              Last edited by maineman; 02-06-2010, 05:55 PM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Hhahahahaha Tom pretty good how about yourself (it's both lol)
                Paid Not To Work
                Proudly Served On

Comment

OT..apologies to the OP

Really well. We own 2 houses now and are in hock for two student loans
                  (one is med school and the other undergrad)
                  Livin' the American dream...
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I think the American Dream is about over now but enough of that don't want to tie up the OP's thread, anyway good seeing you again
                    Paid Not To Work
                    Proudly Served On

Comment

Thanks so much for all your help guys!! I did get it to work FINALLY! I did burn only the main movie, so I checked my hdd and for some reason this short movie is larger than all the rest (5.1 GB even though it's only a 94min. movie) Almost all of my files are 4 GB and under so I just didn't think it would be that high!

Such a silly Problem is now solved!

Thanks again!!!!!
                      KIM

Comment

Glad we could help happy burning.
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

You should be able to do full movie now if you changed the size to 4472 but I wouldn't go any lower than 70% quality myself, any more than that I use a DL, Anyway glad you got it going
                          Paid Not To Work
                          Proudly Served On

Comment

Working...
                          X